Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads Fabrics >

Connecting Threads Fabrics

Connecting Threads Fabrics

Old 08-24-2013, 08:20 AM

IMO, Connecting Threads fabrics are certainly higher in quality than "middle". I've been buying from them for years and have never been disappointed. Their cuts are generous and occasionally they'll throw in an extra bit (like the end of the bolt) at no extra cost.

Kits on sale can't be beat!

I love their FQ bundles!

And their shipping to the mainland is free over $50 (I think it's $50) and best of all only $7.50 to Hawai`i (and Alaska) no matter how large the shipment. And, believe me, there have been occasions when a heavy, giant box arrived on my porch and my DH heaved a sign of relief that I didn't pay a small fortune for the shipping!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:20 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

had great results there and at a THOUSAND BOLTS. (no association, just like this online only shop also)
Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
Is the fabric from Connecting Threads good quality? I just got their catalog for the first time and their fabrics look beautiful. Solid fabric for $4.96 a yard?? Is it thin, does it feel rough? If it is quality fabric then I'm going to have to make my first on-line fabric purchase!!!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:44 AM

They have good quality fabric. I went to one of their rare warehouse sales and came home with two huge sacks full of good-sized pieces, many in coordinating stacks. I don't dare indulge in catalog offerings for awhile but I breathe heavily thumbing through.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by carol40965 View Post
Thank you for the info about WM fabric. I'm new to quilting. The only place I can shop locally is WM but I do order from CT. Have ordered a Keepsake Quilting catalog but it has not arrived.
I'm afraid you will find KQ prices VERY high for what you get. Good quality fabric but not worth the price, especially when you have to add shipping to your fabric price.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
Is the fabric from Connecting Threads good quality? I just got their catalog for the first time and their fabrics look beautiful. Solid fabric for $4.96 a yard?? Is it thin, does it feel rough? If it is quality fabric then I'm going to have to make my first on-line fabric purchase!!!
I like the company a lot and have ordered from them before with great satisfaction, but last week I received a rather disconcerting message from them. It can be read here:

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cti...308_GMAIL.html

I tried to go to my settings and the first time it worked exactly like they said, but that page disappeared and I have never been able to get it back.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2013, 10:06 AM

I ordered CT fabric and was pleased. I heard that one way that they keep their prices low is by not offering a huge range of colors. What I ordered with, I am pleased with, but it is true that their colors aren't as broad (in one piece of fabric) as others such as Kauffman, etc.

I haven't used what I ordered yet, but I do like the hand/feel of it.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

I made an order with them just a couple of months ago. I am very happy with what I got.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:14 AM

I've used a lot of CT fabrics. Some of it can be thin, but most is not. It is definitely a 'go to' for me; but fabric.com sales are my favorite, since you don't need so much to get free shipping and often the price is as good.

I love that CT doesn't mark up the prices on their pre-cuts. Same price as yardage! (And usually a good black friday pre cut sale!)
Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 AM

I love the thread, I've done one fabric order. I haven't done another because for some reason the colors are distorted on my computer so all the colors I received were not what I saw on my monitor. I haven't wanted to fool around with comparing it with my iPad and such. The fabric to me is on the rough side, I've only ordered the marbled solids in three different colors. I used them all for backs on quilts. It doesn't get much softer after I washed the quilts. I buy fabric and use it, another reason I probably won't order again because of the fact it doesn't soften up enough for my taste. Thousands of bolts sells the name brands for 5-7 dollars a yard so there are choices for budget shoppers like me.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:52 AM

Some people will not drive a Chevy or Ford, has to be Lexus or Cadillac, each to his own and nice some have so much money they can afford to be so picky, some of us on SS have having a hard time and if WM fabric feels and looks good, so be it. I sure can't afford 12-15 dollars a yard and attitude that goes with it at local QS..