Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads Fabrics >

Connecting Threads Fabrics

Connecting Threads Fabrics

Old 08-24-2013, 03:51 AM

I have been pleased with what I have purchased from Connecting Threads. I wouldn't hesitate to order again.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:51 AM

I am happy to admit, I am a fabric snob. I wouldn't have WM fabric in my quilt. I am particular and don't apologize. I like ct fabric. It has a lovely hand, sews well, holds up well. I like their thread also. I shop sales at my LQS, and thousands of bolts and Hancocks paducah are my main suppliers. By shopping smart I can buy the fabric I love without buying lesser quality. That makes me happy.
Greige goods are the basis for fabric before it is printed. That quality is important. Even the top fabric manufacturers get the printing wrong sometimes. You just need to watch out for it. I've returned fabric I've bought online because of the printing problem, or dyes that are fading. One of my most favorite fabrics I bought at Hobby Lobby, so good stuff can be found anywhere. My prob with WM came about when my friend bought many yards of different cottons to make granddaughter clothes. OMG every piece was worse than the next. I really don't understand putting the work into bad fabric when there are other choices without breaking the bank.
This is just my opinion. I respect your right to buy where you like, may I have mine?
Old 08-24-2013, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
I like their fabrics, but I also like to shop locally if I can, just to keep my local shop in business.
Same here!
Old 08-24-2013, 03:59 AM

Love their fabric...great stuff and good sales.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:15 AM

I love their fabrics and their "kits" are such reasonable prices. One price for a "kit" was so low for a full size quilt that I called customer service to make sure it was not a mistake. Have bought a lot of things from them and then the free shipping on a certain size order. What more can you ask for.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:41 AM

I consider their fabric medium quality as well. Their designs are great and their prices are good. However, I do purchase most of my fabric from quilt stores because they are a step above Connecting Threads in my opinion in regards to quality. They have great customer service, though.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:54 AM

I've not been happy with most of the fabric I've bought from Connecting Threads over the years, so I buy my fabric from other sources.

Ditto for Keepsake Quilting. Although they have an excellent reputation, everything I've ever gotten from them has been a disappointment, either in the product itself or a mistake made in the order, so I now avoid them (and their high prices) as well.

Last edited by weezie; 08-24-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:06 AM

I LOVE Connecting Threads, and when they have sales on kits they can't be beat!! I've purchased numerous baby kits and have had fantastic luck with them all..they make up beautifully and there is always plenty of material for the pattern plus left over!! Don't know about you but on my limited budget a baby quilt for $21 plus back and batting can't be beat!! I also buy their batting on sale...a warm and natural king size batting for $25 is fantastic!! I consider their fabric as good as what I buy at my local quilt store at less than half the price!! Oh, and did I mention (teeheehee) I LOVE their kits, especially on sale!!
Old 08-24-2013, 05:30 AM

I bought from them a number of times, love the fabric,price and service. Before I bought from them the first time I couldn't believe their prices so I called. They told me that they are their own fabrics, they manufacture and sell, therefore there is no middle man or representative and that's how they keep their prices so low.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:31 AM

Love their fabrics a lot.