Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads- I tried to find a flaw... but

My husband ordered three groups of thread for me last year for Christmas which I have been using on a thread painting applique project. What a joy to have all those great color choices at hand. I just ordered more last night on their sale plus some batik charm packs as well. What great prices! I have always had a good experience with their quality and pricing. I save up so that I can order enough to get free shipping also. Saves me money on gas not going to the quilt shops. (Yes, I still do too much spending there as our doctor's office is around the corner from two shops!) I like the new polyester threads also especially for machine applique as they are thinner.

I have requested catalog twice, still waiting it has been a couple of months, Does anyone know if it should take this long. I get emails from them now, but still no catalog. Rita

Nice to hear you had a good experience with them. I checked out the website and I can see some fabric and thread and books in my future!

Thanks for the info on the Connecting Threads. After hearing about them from you all, I ordered $65.00 of thread and I love it, I also like having all the different colors on hand for when I need them. Hadn't tried the fabric yet, will have to check that out.

I am so glad to hear this---I have bought books and patterns but never fabric.
    One note---if you are ever unsure if a fabric is cotton there is a test you can do. Cut a 1 inch size piece from the fabric, put it in a glass ashtray and set fire to it. Cotton will turn to ashes but polyester will melt and form a hard substance. Any combo of the two will do something inbetween both. It works everytime. I know cause my DD won a ribbon at the Science Fair with it.

Quote Originally Posted by keolika
    I have requested catalog twice, still waiting it has been a couple of months, Does anyone know if it should take this long. I get emails from them now, but still no catalog. Rita
    I think - correct me if I am wrong - but they only publish their printed catalog quarterly. So the next one should be out in April.

I have been buying from Connecting Threads for a number of years now. I have never once not been happy with the quality of their products or their customer service. I bought a number of kits right after Christmas this year that were on clearance and the quanitiy of fabric they supply you in a kit is amazing. Other shops have only sent just a bit more than needed for each piece, but CT often sends full quarter yards or fat quarters even when just a small piece of that fabric is needed for the quilt. I have gotten a lot of my fellow quilters addicted to their site also! And their thread!!! beautiful colors, high quality, low price. Books, fabric, supplies, thread, kits - they have it all and it is all wonderful!

I have ordered several times from them this past year and love their fabric and service. My sister gave me a batik fat quarter pack from them and about 3 colors had an extra 1/8 yd put in/ I'm thinking it must of been the end of a bolt or a mistaken short cut that they decided to just add in.
    I had bought several rolls of Coats and Clark thread at Hancock when they were on sale and have had a terrible time with them. A lot of fraying and broken threads. i finally got disgusted and ordered 5 rolls of CT cotton thread on cones in neutral colors. Yesterday I rigged up the thread path because i didn't want to pay for a good quality cone holder. I set my cone in a coffee mug first but the thread got caught on the edge of cup when it came off the bottom of the cone. So i put it in a shallow small bowl and ran the thread path through a couple of safety pins taped to my machine to create a thread path and it works great! I sewed yesterday with the thread and love it!!

I've been ordering from Connecting Threads for a couple of years now and have never been disappointed in their product. The material holds up very well with constant washing, e.g. baby quilts that get washed very often! Kudo's to them, hope they continue their excellent product for a long time!

I also have been a customer for a number of years. Love the thread, the fabric, the catalogs, the emails, the Wednesday specials.... got my drift?

You will not be disappointed, although if too many people find out, they could run out of stock sooner.

I have bought fabric from the for about 2 years and love the company. I have never been disappointed in my order. I will have to try their threads as many people on this board rave about them.

So glad everyone else also enjoys CT. I have used them for years - but never their thread. I will have to try thread on my next order.

Blog Entries
    I recently ordered from them - sale items only. I have to say that I was a little disappointed with some of the fabrics. Some were nice quality, but several were very thin, like what one would see at Walmart. I could see right through them. I can't complain about the price, since they were all under $4.99 a yard. They have always received such high praise, I thought the fabric would be top notch. I'll use the fabric, but not in a quilt. I did like the free shipping with my order.

Is their fabric the same quality as LQS fabrics?
    I have never ordered fabric online because I want to feel the quality of the fabric. Ordering online means you can get cheap, thin fabric. Its hard to believe you can purchase the same quality fabric for half the price of LQS fabrics.
    Can anyone state that Connecting Threads fabric is the same quality as LQS fabrics?

I had some stuff in a shopping cart on their site, but wasn't sure about buying. Due to your glowing report I decided to give them a try! I wouldn't be surprised if they have a rash of orders today from people who read your post!

Some of the fabrics I ordered were less than $3 a yard! I emtied out my Paypal account-- but what better to spend it on? ;o)

Few and far between , but there are still spinning mills right here in NC. My son is trained as one of their technicians. They operate 24/7. He was impressed with their output.

Quote Originally Posted by ergranny46
    Connecting Threads has 2 sister sites. "Knit Picks" for knitting supplies and "Artist Club" for Tole and Decorative painting supplies.
    Ah.... I have been ordering yarn and knitting books from Knit Picks for years!

such a pity they don't mail to uk - all I can do is dream while I look at their website.

Power Poster
    They do have nice fabric and thread. It doesn't take long to have a $50 order for the free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by flamelily
    such a pity they don't mail to uk - all I can do is dream while I look at their website.
    If you would like to order from them, I would love to help. You could place your order, pay for it and have it shipped to me. I would then just post it to you in the UK. Let me know if you are interested. I have done it a lot of times for friends with cross stitching stuff.

I called to Connecting Threads to order thread. I kept on until I had $65.00. She was adding shipping, I said I thought I got shipping free with this order, she said it was just for ordering off the internet. She said she would go ahead and give me free shipping. I didn't go back and look on the internet. So for free shipping, you all are saying with a certain amount of order, shipping is free. So I'm wondering what's the deal.
    Do you have to order more with a phone call?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeandriggers
    I called to Connecting Threads to order thread. I kept on until I had $65.00. She was adding shipping, I said I thought I got shipping free with this order, she said it was just for ordering off the internet. She said she would go ahead and give me free shipping. I didn't go back and look on the internet. So for free shipping, you all are saying with a certain amount of order, shipping is free. So I'm wondering what's the deal.
    Do you have to order more with a phone call?
    This is just my opinion but I think they offer free shipping on orders over $50 only when you place them over the internet. I suspect that this saves them from having an operator standing by to take down your order and you can add and enter what you wish that way. By doing it yourself, I think they offer the free shipping. I may be wrong but suspect this is the reasoning. I have always been very pleased with anything I received from them.

I am another one that wishes they would ship internationally :(

I understand that they wouldn't be able to offer the same return policy on cut fabric, but having the option to purchase would be nice.

i love their fabrics and threads are to die for they have the best colors ship fast and pkg them in multiples where you can get an even better deal and they have great sales all the time.
    their kits always come out great too.
    ive never had a complaint or problem but im sure they would handle that great too!!!
    lol and before you ask no i dont work there, i just love to spend money there.
    carla

Quote Originally Posted by pieces
    Is their fabric the same quality as LQS fabrics?
    I have never ordered fabric online because I want to feel the quality of the fabric. Ordering online means you can get cheap, thin fabric. Its hard to believe you can purchase the same quality fabric for half the price of LQS fabrics.
    Can anyone state that Connecting Thread
    s fabric is the same quality as LQS fabrics?
    It's definitely NOT the same quality as Moda, Hoffman etc. But, it's worth the price they charge.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast