Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads- I tried to find a flaw... but

They are my go-to online resource for thread, great quality and fast shipping.

I've ordered from them bunches, and have never been disappointed. I love the way the collection go together so well but yet, you can still mix with other things if you need to. And the thread is the best buy anywhere. Even with a coupon it is cheaper then Joann's. I always buy at least the 50 dollar amount so I get the free shipping. Just makes sense to me.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I told you so! I told you so! :mrgreen:

Jan in VA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jodimarie
    I've been a very satisified customer of theirs for years...they just keep getting better!!!!!!!!

jodi
    Me too! I love thier 30's prints soo much!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience with them. They are one of my favorite places to shop.

Just bought some of their thread and love it. Have not purchased any of their fabric, but am thinking that maybe I will in the near future.

Glad you have been very happy with CT. They are really great to deal with, and I love their prices! They certainly have my vote!

Ceil, thanks so much for the info. I too have been looking at the catalog and wondering. Now, after your thread, I'm going to stop looking and order !!

Blog Entries
    I am expecting a squishy from CT. I love them. I haven't tried their thread yet , but certainly will on my next order.

I love their fabric, but now I ned to try the thread!

All true! I love Connecting Threads!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceil
    I ordered fabric and a few more items (all on sale) from Connecting Threads. I ordered from them as so many people here seem happy with their fabric. I expected that for the price, I would be okay with the fabric and use it for some gift and charity items that could take lesser quality fabrics.
    Boy, was I wrong!
    First of all the cottons are very silky. I was amazed that they are thicker than most of the cottons in the local quilt stores and certainly thicker than what I have found at Joann's.
    I thought that perhaps they weren't as wide as usual especially when I saw their wide selvages. Wrong again. Even with the wide selvages they were 44 inches.
    Okay, so maybe they would run. I took a dark red and put in in the washer on hot with a piece of muslin. The muslin came out white. I threw them in the dryer. The fabric came out very nice- it wasn't even the wrinkled up, bunched up piece that I was expecting. I didn't put in fabric softener and it was smooth and didn't need immediate pressing.
    Okay so I measured it thinking that it must at least have shrunk. No, it measured the same size.
    Then it occurred to me that perhaps it wasn't 100% cotton. I was brought up to believe that you usually get what you pay for and since I didn't pay that much there must be a flaw somewhere.
    So I called them up to ask if the fabric was 100% cotton. The woman who spoke with me could not have been nicer. She explained that yes, it was 100% cotton and that the cotton was grown in the US! As we have no fabric mills left in the US, it must be milled outside but they have specifications that the fabric must meet. I told her that I was thrilled at the quality of their fabric and she very kindly thanked me and told me that their weekly sales start on Wednesday. They're posted at 9am West coast time. This week some of their batiks are on sale! I happily placed another order and also ordered more of their clearance fabrics!
    Thank you to those people on this site that mentioned this shop. I just love the fabric and the people there were so nice. She also explained that they accept returns even on cut fabric. I hope others that have been skeptical aren't afraid to give them a try. I'm glad I did!
    Ya didn't believe us, huh?!?!?!

I like there thread alot and now I will try there fabric for sure

Blog Entries
    I have ordered from them 3 times....3rd time yesterday. I am soooo pleased with their fabric, and they ship really fast. Plus free shipping at $50!! Wonderful!!

I love their products too. Especially their thread. I use it for everything...piecing, applique, long arm. I really like it on my long arm if I want my stitching to show up.
    and when they have the sales on batting....Yup, another big order. Love their stuff. I keep their catalogs forever and go back to look them over time and again.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for posting this! I have heard nothing but wonderful things from those who have ordered from them, but now that I hear it is US cotton, you can bet I will be ordering whenever I can from them. I love supporting US based companies!

Blog Entries
    I love them, their fabric is wonderful and I love the collections, everything goes together so well. I have lots of their thread, so I always have the color I need, the prices are great and it's hard top find 100% cotton thread anywhere. Wait until you see their clearance prices. Can't be beat.

I've ordered several kits from Connecting Threads and some fabric and spools of thread. I made a floor mat for my granddaughter to play on. My daughter has washed it several times and none of the colors ran(one color was red). I am very pleased with everything that I have bought.

I have always had good luck with them, even sending gifts. I sent my sqa a b-day gift and had some detailed information on how to address the box. They called me at home to make sure they had it correct.
    They have always been very timely too! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting this. I have hesitated buying from them for some of the reasons you stated. Now, I'll order with confidence!

I LOVE Connecting Threads and have always been very happy with everything I have received from them. It is my first go to company online when buying fabric etc.

Blog Entries
    Ceil, Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! I have ordered their thread and love it. No lint and the colors are pretty.I am going to order some fabric and more thread .

i just love happy endings!

I have recently ordered from Connecting Threads, and their fabric is wonderful! Their customer service is excellent as well! I will definetly be a returning customer! :)

Blog Entries
    Several months ago I placed an order with CT and my mistake it was sent to a wrong address. Long story, it was forwarded to me and didn't arrive and didn't arrive. I checked on it with the PO both ends and nothing. I called CT and explained my problem and said it was my fault but, what could we do? The very helpful rep re-ordered everything and sent it on to me . . . . no extra charge! I DID recieve the origional box and several days later recieved the second box. I called CT and asked for a sending back address and the mailed me a new label. They have my business for sure! Not to mention how I love their fabric and thread, too!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast