Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Consider me frustrated.

when I change my needle (HQ16) I use the one I take out and put it in the eye of the new one to hold it in place.

I don't have along arm yet. But a couple of friend do. One of my friends was having trouble with her stitching. Be loopy or railroad tracks.
    My other friend said the problem friend one was having was she was moving her machine to fast on the craves. and she had different thread in the bobbin then in the tops.
    Just something else to be sure is right.
    Good luck on the hunt for the right information.

Power Poster
    Hope you get it fix.

I had the same thing happen to me on my Lizzie. But it was my fault. I was forgeting to put presser foot back down before I started sewing. I love my Tin Lizzie.

Thank you everyone for your comments. We have no more tension problems! Woohoo! Don't ask me what the problem was. I took everything apart, changed thread, bobbins & holder, re-threaded and "Barney" is working like a charm! (yes, DH named the machine. LOL ) Now practice practice practice! I could whip around on my other little machine but I need to get the hang of this one! What I am "quilting" looks like my 5 year old did it! lol.

hi, i know it has taken me almost a year to get my lizzie working .first watch how you put needle in as it will break if wrong andcause big problems as it screws up timeing i know . unless you go after the dealer the com. will do nothing ,if you call them they tell you to read instructions and watch dvd. big woop

I would be going after whoever and be telling them, about my contacts. I was having problems with a car dealership from whom I had bought a new pick-up. So one evening I walked in there with my Dad and he was wearing a very nice suit. That brought action! It was all can I help you sir, whatever she wants is hers.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gzbird101
    Thank you everyone for your comments. We have no more tension problems! Woohoo! Don't ask me what the problem was. I took everything apart, changed thread, bobbins & holder, re-threaded and "Barney" is working like a charm! (yes, DH named the machine. LOL ) Now practice practice practice! I could whip around on my other little machine but I need to get the hang of this one! What I am "quilting" looks like my 5 year old did it! lol.
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sometimes you have to walk away from the problem and then go back to it to fix it. Have fun!

gzbird,
    How funny. We named ours also. "Lucy"

congrats sometimes we just have to go back to step one and begin again many happy hour of quilting for you

Good Luck !!!
    Walk away, always back, Breath !!!
    You'll get it worked out.. :)

Blog Entries
    I don't have any quilting machine, but glad "whatever" worked for you.
    Have had something similar happen with my sewing machine.Grrrrrr

Of course it can't be MY fault :-D but after I calm down, rethread & check to see if bobbin is seated & no lint around, it goes back to running perfectly.You'd think I'd learn, but it's always Grrrr.No patience is me.

You're nicer than I am. That dealer WOULD have helped me after I had driven all that way. Glad your problems are resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer623
    You're nicer than I am. That dealer WOULD have helped me after I had driven all that way. Glad your problems are resolved.
    Ditto :)

If the thread is off (looping) on the bottom of the sandwich, then it's a top threading problem. If the thread is off on the top of the sandwich, then it's a bobbin problem.

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear it's up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieF
    Let them know you are on a chat board with what 13k people here ???? and You are going to complain out loud.

Nothing more frustrating than a new toy that will not work...

Take a deep breath and even take out the needle and make sure it is put back in the right direction and all the way up in the holder.... re thread etc...

Good luck.

ConnieF I don't even have one to be frustrated with...

I have the space just no funds to get one.... :9)
    Don't know why my post wants to be in the middle of your quote Connie. Anyway let this jerk of a dealer know you are reporting him to the Tin Lizzy supplier as well as Better Business Bureau and your state's Attorney General -- Consumer Protection.

Have you joined the Tinlizzie yahoo group? They may have some suggestions.

I feel your pain!!! I don't have a Lizzy, but I do have a mid-arm. The guy I bought it from (a friend) spent an hour with those problems.......and I finally figured out what was wrong. He was putting the bobbin in the case backwards. The thread on the machine needed to go from "front to back"...he was thread it from "bak to front" just like his machine at home.

May not help...but have a friend come over and go over the booklet and thread everything again....then scream if it doesn't work....then call and threaten to take it back to them. And tell them you'll stand at their front door and picket them if they don't get it to work....:)

Good Luck

I had a problem with my Tin Lizzie a few weeks ago, sent an email to the company with the "contact us" on the Lizzie website. Got a call from the technician 10 minutes after I posted! I followed his directions and cleaned where he said and it has been much better since then. Quilted 2 charity quilts this weekend (pantograph done from front of machine with a home-made shelf).

I had trouble when I first started--tension, tension. It takes a long time sometimes to figure it out. I thought I had my upper too tight but it was fine. If you adjust the bobbin case do it slowly. How your bobbin itself is wound is critical. I was amazed how a different bobbin worked when I tried switching it. These machines are temoermental but they sure do a nice job. Hang in there

My suggestion is to get out the manual that came with the machine--read it line by line--checking the settings it mentions until you get to the end. That worked with my Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter. Turned out I was putting the bobbin in wrong and did not have the tension set to the right setting for FMQ. Best wishes...

Blog Entries
    Hi, my DH purchased me a Tin Lizzie Queen Quilter18 last October...I understand your frustrations. One difference is that my dealer is wonderful....I bought mine at Sewing Machine Plus. My saleman was Victor and my tech is Todd. Consider calling them just click on about us and it gives a list of people who work there, they are located in San Marcos CA. http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/index.php and considering I'm from Canada they are great and still are...I'm a member on the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TinLizzieLongarm/. We have a wealth of information and Marge is the moderator for this group and let me tell you she is one great wonderful person....you should look into joining this group.....

Blog Entries
    I have a notion called the Bobbin Genie. It is a little silicon disc that goes in your bobbin and keeps you from getting bird nests. Here is a link to a UTube video on it. Also one source where they are available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdo_q0M2rsw

http://www.clotilde.com/list.html?criteria=bobbin+genie

Another notion I read about that many long arm quilters use in the Towa bobbin case tension gauge. Maybe either of these can help with your tension problem.

http://columbiariverquilting.com/tow...ion_guage.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast