Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
considering a Babylock >

considering a Babylock

considering a Babylock

Old 02-24-2015, 08:19 AM

Default considering a Babylock

The only local dealer here is Babylock, I like not having to drive over the mountains to find a dealer. That is a big selling point for me. I am thinking of a Destiny or Ellisimo ll and am wondering how these machines do. I have always had Berninas but two negative points, dealer too far away, and TOL machines are too diva-ish. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Have you given either of these machines an actual test drive?? That might help you make up your mind. Buying a new DSM is just like buying a car. You have to check out and see what features works best for you. I hope my older Bernina outlasts me !!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:41 AM

I have the BabyLock Symphony and Brother Quattro II. They are fantastic machines. So easy to use and easy to learn. Love to do my own embroidery quilt labels. I haven't used my Bernina Artista 730 in 2 years and don't miss it a bit....I've had my struggles with Bernina.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised, go for it.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

I don't have either of those machines. I have the straight stitch only Babylock Jane and I love it.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:59 AM

Check with dealer, I know around here last week they were offering the Destiny and you get a free serger, I thought it was a good deal. I have my Viking emb machine and Brother Serger so it wasn't for me but a good deal.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:11 AM

I bought the ellisimo gold II when the destiny came out. I love working on it. Mostly I leave it set up for embroidery but I have quilted on it also. I like the fact that if I want to sew on it I don't have to take the embroidery unit off. Nice size hoops and lots of stitches.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:51 PM

My Babylock is about 2.5 years old, so it's a Serenade. I love it. I don't think you can go wrong with Babylock. Go for it. Just make sure you test drive the machines you are considering, and go online to read any reviews which may be available. Have fun shopping!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:37 PM

I have the BabyLock Ellisimo with all the Upgrades. I am crazy about this machine, it is hands down TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I have yet to discover all of it's wonderful features! This machine runs circles around every other machine I have EVER had!!! You won't be disappointed!! BabyLock machines R.O.C.K!!
And.... I am totally unbiased!! LOL
Old 02-24-2015, 08:55 PM

Babylocks are super easy to use. I have worked with the ellisimo several times and it is a lovely machine. The destiny is awesome if you think its worth the amount of money as it is twice the cost of an ellisimo at this point.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:42 PM
Power Poster

I have the Crescendo and my backup is the Espire. Love my Babies.