Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Conundrum What comes fist quilting or the board? >

Conundrum What comes fist quilting or the board?

Conundrum What comes fist quilting or the board?

Old 08-06-2019, 06:07 AM

Default Conundrum What comes fist quilting or the board?

I get up in the morning and make a pot of coffee then turn on the computer and go in order of things I have to do until I get here. Then there comes the decisions that have to be made for the rest of the day. My sewing machine is turned on and the sewing begins. Like this morning, I worked on 4 blocks for a quilt I am making. I stopped and came to the computer and came here again. I went back to the sewing machine to do some decorative stitching on these blocks because I want to add a special touch. Now I am back here answering a few other post then back to do another block. Now I am back here again. I haven't even made breakfast for DH. Who knows he may be on his own or no breakfast at all -. House work? what is that when I am quilting??? I have an appointment today and will be pushing my luck to get there on time because if I am not at the sewing machine I will be here telling myself, "one mre post." I have several active quilting projects right now all of which call my name "me first please" and I can only do one at a time. Then I come back here and tell myself later on in the day. What a Conundrum??? How do others handle this???
Old 08-06-2019, 06:16 AM

Well, I too start out the day with Coffee and Quilting Board. Then typically I sew a bit, or do chores, or sometimes play a game. Check out quilting board. Rinse and repeat throughout the day.

One of the nice things about this board is the ideas that it gives me. Recently I saw a quilt and thought to myself, that is exactly what I mean by "Simple but Effective" and stored it away in my brain. This past week I found out my BFF from high school is having a lumpectomy and I wanted to make her a comfort quilt.

You have to understand, I am not an on-demand quilter -- I am a thinker and a planner, it typically takes me about a year to think of just the right project with just the right fabrics and so forth. But here it is, just under a week later and all I have to do is hand sew the bindings.

Thank you, all of you, for understanding the things I do and for giving me ideas to do them.

PS: Fortunately for me my hubby understands the "just gotta check the board" or "one more post". He does the same thing for his interests.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Morning cuppa tea while I browse QB. Some days I sew, some days it’s gasp....housework. Today I have grated up 2 monster zucchini for the freezer. I freeze them in zip locks bags for zucchini bread and cookies later in the year. Who wants to have the oven on in this heat?
Old 08-06-2019, 07:34 AM

I am with you all but first I get up early and walk for an hour and it just makes me feel good and get ready for the day. Then my coffee is made and I am in front of the computer on QB which I love. I have to be quiet for a couple of hours in the morning as my 3 granddaughters are still sleeping. After a long time on the QB I head off to make bed, straighten up the house and plan what to do in the quilting dept. I am so excited---My daughter and 3 granddaughters have bought their own townhouse and I will get my sewing room back YEA!!!!! This getting organized again will take days as I have had all of my fabrics in bins in a shed in the back yard!!!! I can't hardly wait to have fabric at hand instead of going out to the shed and going thru bins to find something. I will miss the girls but our house is busting at the seams (they have been here for 8 years). Bad situation in their lives and what do you do and that is what family is for. All I can say is thank goodness for this QB and sewing-it helps with stress. Everyone have a great day today and keep on sewing
Old 08-06-2019, 07:40 AM

Yep, got up, fed dogs, made my tea and now I'm here! My mister (not a man!) has broken, so Amazon, here I come later!
Old 08-06-2019, 05:13 PM

I love to check the board before bed. But then bedtime gets later if I post much. I must confess I am now also developing a compulsion to check in at other times of the day.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:19 PM

Depends on my day, and the weather! If it's nice outside, I head there first with my coffee, and look at QB at night. If weather is lousy, then it depends on what I have to do that day.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:21 PM

I get up at 4 a.m. every day, I check my email and the board, I fed the dogs at 5, feed the outside animals at 6, then I go to my sewing room, either for the day or before going into work. I usually only check the board and email twice a day.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:02 PM

Well, I get up at 6:30 sometimes, and 10:00 other times. I have my toast and check this computer while I eat my breakfast. I don't sew much, but collect old sewing machines and work on them, and if someone in our Church wants me to fix theirs I work on theirs also. I have 25 or 30. I just love them and don't know how to put their pics on here. I'm old and grandson tries to show me, but he goes home and I have forgotten as soon as he gets gone.LOL I love this place. So I watch every day several times a day. Husband helps me haul my machines around the house, or Son or Grandson does. Grandson also helps me on my computer.

Last edited by barny; 08-06-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:30 PM

I check in here all the time! Nursing my newborn baby has given me the perfect excuse to sit and read the QB now, every two hours. Sometimes I come back here several times in one "feeding". I probably take the cake for visiting the most every day! As for sewing... I wish I could do it as much as I read the QB.