Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cordless Irons >

Cordless Irons

Cordless Irons

Old 01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Power Poster

bought a dog-gone rowenta cordless...for the sweet price of $159...stupid thing was worthless in less than 3 months. i have a second one...still in it's box on a closet shelf where it has hung out for the past 5 years...when my good ole' $12 black & decker finally wears out (5+ years and counting) i guess i will have to get that stupid expensive one out and start using it...
probably not...it will probably be in its box on that shelf until i die...then the grandkids can find a good antique still in the box; i will probably go spend another $12 instead of dealing with that iron.
one thing though... i never put water in my irons anymore...i am adament about this...and speak out about it alot...
i keep a spray bottle of water on the end of my ironing board and spritz when i need some steam...i really got tired of irons spitting and sputtering all over my fabric, not to mention the burns.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:00 PM

I have the panasonic and it is great, probably five yrs old. Love it, would buy another
Old 01-04-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
bought a dog-gone rowenta cordless...for the sweet price of $159...stupid thing was worthless in less than 3 months. i have a second one...still in it's box on a closet shelf where it has hung out for the past 5 years...when my good ole' $12 black & decker finally wears out (5+ years and counting) i guess i will have to get that stupid expensive one out and start using it...
probably not...it will probably be in its box on that shelf until i die...then the grandkids can find a good antique still in the box; i will probably go spend another $12 instead of dealing with that iron.
one thing though... i never put water in my irons anymore...i am adament about this...and speak out about it alot...
i keep a spray bottle of water on the end of my ironing board and spritz when i need some steam...i really got tired of irons spitting and sputtering all over my fabric, not to mention the burns.
I would agree with not putting water in the iron for my quilting projects. But I do other commercial sewing with expensive sateen fabrics and if you spray them with water, it makes stains or light spots on the fabric.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 AM

I have an Oreck for five years now and it works just fine you just to remember to plug it back in after awhile when it starts cooling off.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 PM

my cordless has given me no problems...knock on wood
Old 01-05-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by CircleSquare
Last December I bought an expensive Panasonic cordless iron. ($89) Last month it started dripping water! I finally packed it up and sent it back. But I love the cordless feature! What cordless irons do you have and have they lasted longer than a year?
I had one that wasn't as expensive as yours and even though the cordless was great the iron was horrible....it wouldn't stay hot enough or long enough....went right back to the cheap corded irons
Old 01-05-2011, 10:02 PM

i have a new panasonic .... it's light and hot, but i don't use water in it, i use a spray bottle