Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Coupons???

I have seen several posts mention fabric coupons, I have never seen one. How can I get some of those wonderful things>

JoAnn's has coupons in Sundays newspaper, you can also join JoAnn's on-line, they offer both on-line and in store coupons, if you shop in JoAnn's, you can sign up for coupon's to come through the mail. If you shop on-line some of the sites will send you a $5.00 off coupon to use on your next purchase. Happy Shopping :) :)

Fabric Depot (Portland, OR) has weekly coupons in their monthly mailer for the store. The on-line sales include weekly specials also.

Blog Entries
    Before I buy anything online, and (when I remember) before I go shopping, I Google for "name-of-store coupon code" to see if there is anything online. This applies to everything, not just fabrics. About half the time I find a coupon for free shipping, or $5 to 15 off, or 15% off or ......

Blog Entries
    Signing up for your favorites shops newsletters will get their specials/coupons delivered to your inbox. Also check out stores like Hancocks, JoAnn's websites to sign up for their weekly advertisements to be delivered to your inbox too. :D:D:D

Someone on here gave us this site info. http://www.retailmenot.com/ - Type in the website address to find coupons. I've found several here.

Thanks for all the good advice!! I will definately take advantage of the offers listed.

Sometimes JoAnns will give you the coupons in the store if you ask for it!

JoAnns also offers homeschooling families discounts! I think it's 15% off final purchase.

Blog Entries
    I belong to a guild and we received a 10% Membership discount card for Joanns-- that's 10% on top of the sales price. A lot of time the store coupon for 40 or 50% does not cover what you want -- the fabric is already on sale, etc. This discount card helps. I often use the store coupon to buy the higher priced fabrics that are not on sale and then use my membership card on top of that. I also use it for quilt books.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    Before I buy anything online, and (when I remember) before I go shopping, I Google for "name-of-store coupon code" to see if there is anything online. This applies to everything, not just fabrics. About half the time I find a coupon for free shipping, or $5 to 15 off, or 15% off or ......
    Smart! thank you for the info

Blog Entries
    if you belong to a guild, take your membership card to Joann's and they will give you a 10% bar code card so you can get 10% off of purchases

also sometime ask at the cutting tables at Joann's if they have any coupons, they give them to me all the time

good luck!

Blog Entries
    also be sure to sign up at Joann's to get flyers and coupons in the mail

be sure to use your coupons so they can scan it so you can keep getting the flyers, or you will drop off of mailing list

Hobby lobby has coupons in our sunday paper. And one of the ladies that work fabric told me we could also go on line and get one daily. Also Hancock has flyer with coupons. and gives us discounts fron other stores. Plus from our guild

All wonderful advice, thanks bunches !!

On the Joanns mailers, I was told by a manager that you not only need to have the coupon scanned to stay on the mailing list - you actually need to have the bar-code by your name scanned. She said if you do that every few months you'll stay on the mailing list, otherwise you're dropped. I've known of several people who just stopped getting their coupon mailers.

And, at least at my Joanns they'll take Michael's coupons.

Teachers get a 15% discount at Joanns and 20% at Craft Warehouse. All you have to do is to sign up at Joanns and show the clerk your ID at Craft Warehouse if you are shopping in a store. Online both stores will give you a code. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
    On the Joanns mailers, I was told by a manager that you not only need to have the coupon scanned to stay on the mailing list - you actually need to have the bar-code by your name scanned. She said if you do that every few months you'll stay on the mailing list, otherwise you're dropped. I've known of several people who just stopped getting their coupon mailers.

And, at least at my Joanns they'll take Michael's coupons.
    Hummm, I don't pay attention to what the clerk is scanning. Am just hoping she/he is doing the job it takes to keep my mailings coming!

I've had good luck at this website:

http://www.retailmenot.com/

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I get two flyers from Joann each month because I signed up twice . The first time I did not get one and then I signed up again and now I get two a month. Then when I go in the store I pick up the store flyers and get more. I love coupons.........ONline helps too.