Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CRAFT FAIR...OVER AND DONE!!! UPDATE!!!! on first post

WOW Teri -- more money for fabric!!! Glad you did so well!!!

And the annoying lady, yeah, she probably took your tote. I bet she has some next year -- if she can find someone to make them for her :lol:

Congratulations!

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Congrats on a successful day. I love the annoying lady stories and so glad you out sold her. I'm sorry about the theft you experienced.

Woooooohooooooooooooooo Terri!!! WTG girl! :thumbup: It's hard to believe the totes didn't sell, they are so cute. <shaking head in disbelief smilie here> Now you have some nice 'seed $$' for your next trip! And think, you made $83 an hour while you were there! (yes, yes, I know I'm not counting all your sewing time & supply costs) But you did it! Thanks for taking us along too. :wink:

Blog Entries
    Terri!
    Congratulations! You did so GOOD, Girl!
    I'm so sorry the mean lady was next to you...

I will keep an eye out for Christmas clearance fabric books for you...Hancocks here marks them down to 80% off after Christmas, if we get lucky.

Now, how much fabric do we get to buy???? or is it an upgrade of equipment in the sewing room?? It's as much fun to plan to spend unexpected (as in un-budgeted) money as it is to spend it.

Hugs, :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well done Terri, so glad you did so well, although I was never in any doubt you do such lovely work. Doesn´t it give you a great buzz when you sell something you made.

Whatcha going to buy more fabric I bet. I didn´t see the mice either can you give me a link please.

Elle

I missed the mice too!! Would love to see them. Glad the sale went so well. It will be nice to get to keep your quilts. Sometimes it just takes the right person to come by & the right person was just not at the sale for your quilts & totes....However...maybe you are the right person for your quilts!! :D Your stuff is all beautiful!!

Way to go Terri!!!!! :D

Yeah, Terri!!!! Way to go-I am so happy it went well. You are now "rolling in the dough!"

Kudos Terri, I knew you would do good because your work is great. Love the "mean lady" story. Have a nice rest, you and your machine!

I am so happy for you!! You should be very proud.

I agree, do keep an eye on things, my mom had a few things taken from another vender once.

Congratulations on your sale!! I'm glad you did well. You worked hard. Do you get to buy something special with the money you earned?

I have been at craft fairs, where others had "imported" stuff that they touted as hand made by them. You could tell, unfortunately because they didn't pay much for the stuff themselves they could sell for cheaper. I left a couple of shows after the first try because of the "fake stuff"

Now you will have the whole year to pace yourself and make more stuff for next year. Those totes will make great gifts or even sell next year!!!

Thank you, Thank you everyone.
    Your encouragement meant alot to me in the process of doing this.

I posted a link, I think it's on page 2 for the mice.

I'm going to look around for the soft books, but if anyone finds them at a decent price....I paid $5.99/panel for mine....I'll gladly buy them from you.

The money I made will go towards a trip I am wanting to take in the spring. (not saying where at the moment, but stay tuned, I will tell as it gets closer)
    Just the r/t ticket out of here is $2000, so I am about 1/4 way there. I don't like having to deplete the savings, but hubby says that if I REALLY want to go, I can take the money from there. I'd rather earn the money to go instead of using savings. One of the reasons why I worked. My pay checks were for "fun" things for the family. It's just that with the way Gov't of Guam and their taxes, I'm not working here.
    Heard a rumor that there will be a spring craft show somewhere, not held by GNOSC that did this one. I might consider that, not sure. Just all depends on who is running it.

Thanks again everyone for the support you gave me. It really does mean alot!

I am very glad you had a great day. Have fun cleaning and no I do't want to help!

Kyia

Blog Entries
    Good for you. I don't want to appear stupid but what are soft books?

Good job Terri :D

Quote Originally Posted by JCL in FL
    Good for you. I don't want to appear stupid but what are soft books?
    Soft books.....if you look in the fabric section that has the cut out things, some will have things like stockings and such, you can find these long panels. You take 2 of the panels, after you cut them out, put a piece of batting in there, sew around it and voila, you have a book. I have pictures of them posted here.... http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/12737.page
    Just scroll down, you will find them.

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    A local quilt store had some but they were pretty pricey. I think they cost more than you were able to sell them for. I'd be glad to go back there or contact them.

LQS's are a bit pricey on the books. A friend of mine went and priced them for me and they were asking $10/panel. I paid $5.99/panel, which was much better. lol
    I'm hoping to get to Ben Franklins this week and tear apart the Christmas table and see if there are any hiding there. I'll buy what they have, if any and stash them away for later. I know they won't go on sale here, but that's ok, I can deal with the price they want.
    I will most likely be looking at some sites to see what will be going on sale for Christmasy stuff, maybe something else like the books will catch my eye.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

Terri you just crack me up...I love your story about the lady down from you. I'm so glad you did great and that you raised so much money for a good cause. Rest up and start sewing for next year...lol

Congratulations on a successful day, Terri!! You definitely earned your money. :D

You did great. I find quilts don't sell well at the sales, they can't be laid out and people are looking for lower price items so they get more items, gifts for their money. Great sale, happy for you, Bernadette

Since the mice were your big seller, can you post a photo or description of them?

Thanks!
    Janet

Quote Originally Posted by WesternWilson
    Since the mice were your big seller, can you post a photo or description of them?

Thanks!
    Janet
    Here's the link to the mice
    http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and...&craftid=10020

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast