Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craft show top ten list letterman style >

Craft show top ten list letterman style

Craft show top ten list letterman style

Old 10-11-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by rainbowzebra
Boy do I know how that is. Last weekend my grandson was demonstrating blacksmithing at a fall festival. He was making small dragon heads that he then drills a hole in to go on your key chain. So a lady ask him how much for 2 of them and he said just give me a donation. When he was done and she had her dragon heads she gave him 12 pennies. Yep that's what I said - 12 pennies! Takes all kinds to make up the world. And I was so proud of my grandson (he is 20 yrs.old) he just smiled and said thank you. By the way grandma behaved herself to and didn't wack the @#$^%&*.
Was this in USA??? Where we are so frequently speaking of Christian charity? That is despicable but at 20 you are right not to diallusion him. The world will do it soon enough. Shame
Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM

HeeHee, #9 reminds me of the time I was at a mountain man re-enactment, participant, we were preparing breakfast over a campfire and a couple ladys asked "is that real fire." Sometime people just don't think before we speak. I can even admit to saying one or two of those things at a craft show.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by rainbowzebra
Boy do I know how that is. Last weekend my grandson was demonstrating blacksmithing at a fall festival. He was making small dragon heads that he then drills a hole in to go on your key chain. So a lady ask him how much for 2 of them and he said just give me a donation. When he was done and she had her dragon heads she gave him 12 pennies. Yep that's what I said - 12 pennies! Takes all kinds to make up the world. And I was so proud of my grandson (he is 20 yrs.old) he just smiled and said thank you. By the way grandma behaved herself to and didn't wack the @#$^%&*.
Some People!!! Dh and I were doing a fair one time and he had one of his tiny piece quilts. A woman asked him how much, and he said, make an offer. She offered $25. He said, you should know this took over 500 hours to make. She thought some more, and said, How about $30?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by valsma
HeeHee, #9 reminds me of the time I was at a mountain man re-enactment, participant, we were preparing breakfast over a campfire and a couple ladys asked "is that real fire." Sometime people just don't think before we speak. I can even admit to saying one or two of those things at a craft show.
What ahoot - maybe if you weren't full of Christian kindness you could have told her she could make her very own fire right there - and give her a couple dry sticks.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by SueSew
Originally Posted by valsma
What ahoot - maybe if you weren't full of Christian kindness you could have told her she could make her very own fire right there - and give her a couple dry sticks.
Yeah, my friends and I had a good laugh, I mean the bacon was sizziling over a fake fire and that was fake heat and smoke coming off of it. We kept it nice and simple , yes it is real fire.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 AM

I had one lady purchase a table topper, and as she was walking away, she said to her friend..."This will make a great door prize.". So...it really does take all kinds. ;)

Patti