Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Craftsy Deals - Mystery Box

My mystery box came yesterday and is the same as Sharon's. Yay! I love it. The rich colors and butterflies will make an awesome jewel tone quilt. The FQ bundle is Valori Wells Cocoon. I have not ID'd the charm packs yet. They are a beautiful pink and teal green. They will make a fabulous quilt, too.

Great bag, Sabrina......... and you are so quick to create!!!!

Sandy
    Love being here!

Two 6x6 Charm Packs are FreeSpirit Veranda

Oh my, look how pretty this is. These are the two 6x6 charm packs. Fabric is Freespirit Veranda, and it is so gorgeous!!! I was just admiring this fabric line last week. How cool is that to find it in my mystery box?

Link to fabric swatches:
    http://freespiritfabric.com/core-pag...463&sw_id=7226

I attached my favorite charm!
    Sandy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Love being here!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyFeet View Post
    Oh my, look how pretty this is. These are the two 6x6 charm packs. Fabric is Freespirit Veranda, and it is so gorgeous!!! I was just admiring this fabric line last week. How cool is that to find it in my mystery box?....

Sandy
    yep that is a beauty.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Quote Originally Posted by SandyFeet View Post
    Oh my, look how pretty this is. These are the two 6x6 charm packs. Fabric is Freespirit Veranda, and it is so gorgeous!!! I was just admiring this fabric line last week. How cool is that to find it in my mystery box?

Link to fabric swatches:
    http://freespiritfabric.com/core-pag...463&sw_id=7226

Sandy
    What a fabulous charm! Do you know what you're going to do with it yet? Besides drool over it... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    wow sabrina a totally coordinated robert kaufman fq pack!!!!!! what a prize. oh yeah, the charms are nice also. lol
    OMG! You scored! I'm drooling! (LOL) Do they have these deals very often? I've never seen these boxes advertised there before? Do you sign up (like you do for the daily deals on MO Star)? Did you think they were a good "deal"?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by tngal22 View Post
    I will try to post when they have another mystery box deal, as I will order again also. I was excited I had to so DH who could care less. Lol
    PLEASE DO! Because goodness knows I don't have near enough fabric around this joint... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by tngal22 View Post
    I love Missouri Star Quilt Co, they are super friendly and helpful.
    Plus they have great deals of the day! Which is why I spend so much $$$ there!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Is there a way to contact them to find out how many charm packs? Seems they should have disclosed it, but maybe they figure it is part of the mystery?
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Quote Originally Posted by SharonTX View Post
    Yes, the charm packs are the same

Don't want to sound stupid, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with the FQ's, as I've never had these. I either buy the fabric straight off the bolt or the charm packs.
    There are about a zillion FQ patterns over at the Moda Bake Shop. Go nuts, sister girl! LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I sign up for their newsletter which sends their daily deals. I think this is the first time I have seen it but I could be wrong. For me it was a good deal and I would try it again.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

They did disclose that it would be a fat quarter bundle and two charm packs.i ordered on it came with 13 fat quarters moda etchings and 3 charms exactly like the photo but be warned this was NOT a $120 value i can understand the mystery but at least make them worth the value of stated price (and forgive the signature i have not posted in a year and rules have changed way to much) i just wanted to warn others to be careful

It stated a fat quarter bundle and charm packs, no mention of how many packs because I wondered about it. I believe I got my money worth at least.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew

Blog Entries
    whats this about daily deals on mo star is that the missouri quilt company. do they have daily deals. that is my favorite web site and i can't believe i don't know about it . lol i asked the site where you get the mystery boxes to email me when they are going to do it again. it is an offer they had on there site. should check it out. good luck

Missouri Star Quilting Company Daily Deal - click here: http://www.missouriquiltco.com/deal-a-day

They have good deals most days.
    Sabrina

Blog Entries
    thank you all signed up appreciate the information. rachelle

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme View Post
    They did disclose that it would be a fat quarter bundle and two charm packs.i ordered on it came with 13 fat quarters moda etchings and 3 charms exactly like the photo but be warned this was NOT a $120 value i can understand the mystery but at least make them worth the value of stated price (and forgive the signature i have not posted in a year and rules have changed way to much) i just wanted to warn others to be careful
    At my lqs a fat quarter is typically 2.95, which seems about average. So 13 would be less than $39, right? Plus 2 charm packs at about $10 each. So $59 total? I agree... You did not get $120 worth.

Blog Entries
    they probably stated values up to $120.00 (to cover themselves) and a moda fat quarter can cost up to $3.50 each and a 6" charm pack is usually around $12.99 to $13.99. the 5" ones are just over $10.00. since each got a different number of fq's and charms, i would think these were clearance items.

i do believe that craftsy would have made sure that the value of each person's mystery box would have at least been the $60.00 they paid for it or they would open themselves up to many problems i.e. deceptive advertising
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    they probably stated values up to $120.00 (to cover themselves) and a moda fat quarter can cost up to $3.50 each and a 6" charm pack is usually around $12.99 to $13.99. the 5" ones are just over $10.00. since each got a different number of fq's and charms, i would think these were clearance items.

i do believe that craftsy would have made sure that the value of each person's mystery box would have at least been the $60.00 they paid for it or they would open themselves up to many problems i.e. deceptive advertising
    That still is only 45.50 for fat quarters and $28 for charms, for a total of $73.50. That is still faaaar less than $120, no matter what kind of disclaimer they may have used. I thought I remembered it said at least $120 value but I could be wrong. Either way, almost $50 under is unacceptable.

It did state a $120 value for $60 it was the only reason i bought one. I have learned a valuable lesson and will be very cautious in the future.

I am sorry some didn't get what they had hoped, and I can't remember what the add said besides a "fat quarter bundle and charm packs".

I am happy with mine as I did get a nice box but sad others did not.

I just priced out my stuff via Fat Quarters Shop. It would have been $118.50.

BTW, the butterfly fabric is Cocoon by Valeria Wells (I think Sharon told us that earlier), the pink flowers is Veranda by Verna Mosquera and the blue pack I got was Gyspy Caravan by Amy Butler.
    Last edited by tngal22; 07-16-2012 at 05:18 AM.
    Sabrina

I'm sad to hear so many people are disappointed.

When figuring out the "value" make sure to price things at MSRP- which is rarely what anyone actually sells things for. That will inflate it a bit (why I don't buy mystery boxes- I do better shopping clearance myself). I wonder if the original add did say "up to" I don't remember it saying that.

Blog Entries
    well tngal did say she was being a guinea pig for this mystery. for those of you who are unhappy, i would suggest contacting craftsy with your responses and allow them the opportunity to make it right or explain to you. craftsy is a reputable site and i would think they want to uphold their reputation. i know they got more sales because the mystery box was mentioned on this site. i would let them know that also.

just as an example there was an online store with a special offering on fq mystery bundles 10 for $5.00 (their choice). it was mentioned on this board and it took hold like wildfire. we wiped them out in hours, many of us ordering multiple bundles and none of knowing what fabrics we would receive. i had investigated their site and looked at the manufacturers and fabric lines they carried and felt pretty good about my purchase. once the fabric arrived... well .... it was not what i was expecting. i believe i ordered 3 bundles and like less than a third of the patterns. i am almost sure they had another bunch of bottom of the pattern barrel fabrics from which they fetched mine. some like theirs and others didn't. it was a mystery box which means you don't really know what you are getting so i just found use for the fabrics in my swaps. one woman's horror can be another woman's treasure. when you are venturing into mystery anything (fabric, quilts, etc), you should be prepared for the ups and the downs.
    My Quiltboard Blog

Since they seem to answer some questions on their Facebook page, I asked why the big difference in boxes. I will update if I get a reply.
    Sabrina

really nice stash, Lori. I am always a sucker for mystery boxes

I didn't even get a packing list so I called to check. I just talked to Craftsy customer service and they are sending a return label for a full refund. I guess paying the return postage will cement the lesson.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast