Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Craftsy Deals - Mystery Box

Well glad you can return it for a refund. Did they say why there is such a big difference in the boxes?
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

Quote Originally Posted by tngal22 View Post
    I sign up for their newsletter which sends their daily deals. I think this is the first time I have seen it but I could be wrong. For me it was a good deal and I would try it again.
    I get an email about them re their quilting deals but don't ever remember seeing a deal of the day. Is there someplace to look on their site for that? Yeah... like I need more fabric... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Here is the link for their deals: http://www.craftsy.com/deals/. I think it is the quilting deals you get already, but it does change or add to daily.

And I think I get emails because I registed on the site.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew

Blog Entries
    hi friends, i have a question unrelated to the mystery boxes so here goes, how many fat quarters to a yard of fabric. i am attempting to make a quilt with a block that requires only 3 different fabrics. the problem for me is that i don't know how to figure out how much fabric i need to make the quilt. the block is 10 1/2 inches unfinished with a center square 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 outer rectangles 4- 2 1/2 x 3 inches and 4 - 2 1/2 x 5 inches. with the trim being 2 - 1 1/2 x 4 1/2; 2- 1 1/2 x 6 1/2; and 4 - 1/1/2 x 2 1/2 i don't know if this helps the pattern is called garden fence, i suppose if i told you that to begin with i wouldn't have had to put all the dimensions in there lol. oh well rookie what can i say. i contacted the person who posted the pattern but she doesn't want to give out to much information as she is thinking of publishing it. she did tell me that i could get the 2 blocks out of the fat quarter. so the rest is up to me and YOU if i can get some help. i figured i would make it 10 blocks by 8 blocks not even sure if that will be the size i want but i can add a border or 2 to help the size along. i just don't want to start making it until i am sure i have enough fabric to make it. i could also make 2 different colored blocks and alternate them on the quilt. i am using white fabric for the trim around the blocks just so you know. i have a ton of white fabric. sorry for going on but i have nowhere to turn as i am attempting to do this without anyone i know here to help. so your it. hope you have big shoulders. thanks so much for listening, rachelle

Quote Originally Posted by huntersgrammie View Post
    hi friends, i have a question unrelated to the mystery boxes so here goes, how many fat quarters to a yard of fabric.
    You should probably start a seperate thread to get all your questions answered- but a fat quarter is 1/4 of a yard, so 4 make up a yard.

A "quarter yard" cut of fabric is 9 inches x Width of Fabric, this isn't as easy to cut out many shapes (and loses a lot of fabric due to fraying in the washing machine) so fat quarters are used instead. To do this, the quilt store cuts 18 inches (half a yard), and then cuts it in half, so a fat quarter is 18 inches x half the width of fabric (often 22 or 21 inches). You can get four quarter yard cuts out of a yard (36 inches), or you could get four fat quarters.

Blog Entries
    thanks for that much and the idea about a seperate thread is good. know how do i go about that . sorry to sound so unconnected but i am. lol i will get better with these things eventually. lol

Go to the Main page, in the top left corner, under the ads, is POST NEW THREAD.
    Sabrina

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    This is why I'm on a fabric diet! These are the fabrics that I was able to fit into my actual quilting room. Everything on the shelves is 1 yard minimum but less than 3 yds. The fabrics on the bottom shelves of the all three units is 3 yds to 7 yds or more. The plastic drawers are full of FQ's and 1/2 yd cuts. I still have 3 large plastic tubs in the guest bedroom . . .
    Nice stash! I'm working on mine as often as DH will let me out of the house! lol He KNOWS I may not be able to make it home without hitting Joann's, at least, to check out the remnant bin.
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Blog Entries
    thanks for that much and the idea about a seperate thread is good. know how do i go about that . sorry to sound so unconnected but i am. lol i will get better with these things eventually. lol
    here is a mini tute sorta to help make the blocks. http://hyacinthquiltdesigns.blogspot...den-fence.html

but that quilt pattern goes by many names, garden fence is just one of them.

there is also a garden fence quilt along on the web so do a google search for it and perhaps the quilt along will help answer your questions.
    Last edited by Havplenty; 07-16-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Blog Entries
    that is the site i was using. and it doesn't give the fabric requirements thats where i am stuck
    thanks for replying

Response from Craftsy on Facebook:

"Hi Sabrina: I apologize for anyone who was upset with the contents of their Mystery Boxes. The quantity and type of fabric varies from one Mystery Box to another. However, the value of each Mystery Box is more than $120 as advertised. Some buyers may have received designer fabrics, which are higher value but less fabric. If you or any other quilting friends would like to get in touch about a return and refund, please email us: [email protected] and we'd be happy to ensure you have a great experience."
    Sabrina

I've signed up for 2 of the Craftsy classes and I do find them enjoyable and the ladies instructing are very knowledgeable. I have ordered three times now fat quarter bundles when they've been on sale and the fabric is beautiful! The last one I got was Amy Butler fabric and the first one was 100 - 5" squares of Hoffman's fabric that one I paid $14 for it. So my eye always heads to that email first to see what is on sale, and it's not always fabric it can be tools as well.

Wow I love your colors! Now I want one too the collection on the right is that Amy Butler's colors?
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonTX View Post
    Ok lol here ya go

Attachment 348605

Blog Entries
    im with you i have had nothing but positive results when dealing with craftsy. although how do i get on the notifying list for sales of fabric and things. i wasn't aware of that. i have just signed on for 4 classes so far. anyway they are a reputable company and will do all to satisfy there clients.

If you go to your profile page on Craftsy there is a box My Settings - Email Notifications, you can click off the boxes that you are interested in receiving emails on, the very last box on the bottom is about the Craftsy Deals that's the one they will send you emails for the sales and if you go to the FB page for them they often have hourly draws where they will send you a mystery box of fabric for free!
    im with you i have had nothing but positive results when dealing with craftsy. although how do i get on the notifying list for sales of fabric and things. i wasn't aware of that. i have just signed on for 4 classes so far. anyway they are a reputable company and will do all to satisfy there clients.

Blog Entries
    thank you i went and checked it out. didn't realize that about there facebook site though. good lord i spend enough time on this comp. i never get any quilting done. now another reason. lol

Blog Entries
    I too, bought into the mystery box game and was more than dissapointed, I was down right mad and felt I was taken advantage of. I received 3 charm packs and a pack of seven moda fat quarters. I can't estimate the value of what I received for anywhere close to sixty dollars. And I remember the advertisement stating that the box was valued at $120 for purchase of half at $60. They did send me a return form but I don't feel satisfied with their response; they just said sorry I was dissapointed and that they normally don't take returns but they would make an exception! No offer to appraise what they sent me or offer additional merchandise to bring the value close to 60 dollars much less 120! I will be hesitant to order from craftsy again.

Hey All,

My name is Jenn and I'm part of the Craftsy team. I'm so sorry to hear some of you are disappointed with the Mystery Box you received from us. We certainly don't want you to be unhappy! While no two mystery boxes are the same, the items in each box do have a full retail value (provided to us directly from each manufacture) of $120. We know lots of folks are great at finding deals not just on Craftsy but other places at well. Unfortunately often times these prices don't accurately reflect the MSRP (manufacteres suggested retail value) and are sold for a much lower regular price. The MSRP is what we use to calculate and assure your box consists of great quality items.

If you are unhappy with your box, or think something may accidentally be missing, please feel free to reach out to us directly (at [email protected]) and we're happy to work with you to make you a happy Craftsy member once again.

Happy Quilting!
    -Jenn

I have purchased fat quarter deals from Craftsy and they are good value. Have fun with the new fabric!!

Blog Entries
    i think it is amazing that craftsy has realized that there is a problem and has reached out to their customers on this site because they have heard and realized that there is a problem. i see this as a big step in customer relations and that it goes beyond what most companies would do for customer satisfaction. koodos to them.

Quote Originally Posted by CraftsyJenn View Post
    Hey All,

My name is Jenn and I'm part of the Craftsy team. I'm so sorry to hear some of you are disappointed with the Mystery Box you received from us. We certainly don't want you to be unhappy! While no two mystery boxes are the same, the items in each box do have a full retail value (provided to us directly from each manufacture) of $120. We know lots of folks are great at finding deals not just on Craftsy but other places at well. Unfortunately often times these prices don't accurately reflect the MSRP (manufacteres suggested retail value) and are sold for a much lower regular price. The MSRP is what we use to calculate and assure your box consists of great quality items.

If you are unhappy with your box, or think something may accidentally be missing, please feel free to reach out to us directly (at [email protected]) and we're happy to work with you to make you a happy Craftsy member once again.

Happy Quilting!
    -Jenn

Thanks for responding, Jenn! I commend you on addressing the problem and offering refunds.

I would like to understand how three charm packs and seven Moda fat quarters could add up to $120, even at MSRP. Could it be that each charm pack's MSRP is $20 and the fat quarters sell for $8+ each for a total of $120?

I agree! They answered my question on FB quickly then sought out this board to reply to the issue. Kudos!
    Sabrina

I don't think they sought out the board until after my 30 minute phone conversation--I gave them the web address and let them know some of us were unhappy. I have found similar fat quarters for $2.00 each so that is $26.00 and the identical charms on sale for $8.00, that equals $24.00 which makes $50.00. Even if I double it, it's not $120. I think the boxes should have been closer to the value. If I had gotten one of the good boxes I would be happy too but as it is I feel tricked by their add.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by conklin1 View Post
    I don't think they sought out the board until after my 30 minute phone conversation--I gave them the web address and let them know some of us were unhappy. I have found similar fat quarters for $2.00 each so that is $26.00 and the identical charms on sale for $8.00, that equals $24.00 which makes $50.00. Even if I double it, it's not $120. I think the boxes should have been closer to the value. If I had gotten one of the good boxes I would be happy too but as it is I feel tricked by their add.
    however they got to this board, craftsy understands the power of marketing which is why i mentioned that someone should let them know they got additional sales because this deal was mentioned on this board. when calculating values of merchandise, you need to use the msrp and not sale prices which vary from place to place. with that said i have never seen a moda fq valued (msrp) under $3.00 or a 6" charm pack valued under $13.00.

it's good you called to let them know rather than just commenting to us. i think they at least deserved a chance to right a perceived wrong. and if we never tell the offender how will they know?
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7