Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • cross stitch >
  • cross stitch

• cross stitch

Old 07-30-2009, 07:31 PM
    Power Poster

I used to do counted cross-stitch, but haven't picked it up for many years. These days for relaxation and "therapy" I prefer to quilt or embroider. I do admire the beautiful work dedicated cross-stitchers create, very delicate and subtle.
    Old 07-30-2009, 08:58 PM

I have been cross stitching for a very long time. It was my first love in hand stitching. Here are just a few of mine the angel with the blue sash is mirabella and the other one i think is lavender and lace.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-15917.jpe   attachment-15918.jpe   attachment-15919.jpe  
    Old 07-31-2009, 03:18 AM

I do. My lables are cross stiched.
    Old 07-31-2009, 04:15 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by dungeonquilter
    I love to cross stitch. I have been doing it for a lot longer than I have been quilting. Attached is a picture of one of my favourites that I quilted a frame on, and quilted the picture as well. As you can see, the subject is one dear to my heart, quilting!
    Debra in Ontario
    ooooooooooo I love this one. (yours) I've been cross stitching for over 20 yrs. Been in alot of groups that trade throughout the yrs and have accumilated 600 Cds of patterns AND still collecting. What's the name of this pattern? (yours) I'm hoping I have it. I'm getting ready to start this big hunk of a man :lol:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-15977.jpe  
    Old 07-31-2009, 04:16 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by tslowery
    I have been cross stitching for a very long time. It was my first love in hand stitching. Here are just a few of mine the angel with the blue sash is mirabella and the other one i think is lavender and lace.
    Those are gorgeous :D
    Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 AM

I like to cross stitch, and am currently cross stitching a baby blanket for my grandbaby that is due originally New Years eve, but they are going to take the baby C-section on the 22nd, so we will have a Xmas present early. But I have found I like the pre-printed ones better now then the others, I don't see the holes as well as I use to.
    Old 07-31-2009, 06:33 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by catjo
    I like to cross stitch, and am currently cross stitching a baby blanket for my grandbaby that is due originally New Years eve, but they are going to take the baby C-section on the 22nd, so we will have a Xmas present early. But I have found I like the pre-printed ones better now then the others, I don't see the holes as well as I use to.
    ooooooo I hope you show us your blanket. :D
    Old 07-31-2009, 07:09 AM

I will sure do that. I am only about 1/2-3/4 the way finished with it. I pick it up here and there to work on. I have been trying to work in Xmas present making too. I just finished 2 pillow quilts this week, 1 for my brother in law for Xmas and my sisters 60th b-day is this coming month and we are having a surprise party for her this Sat and I picked her some material out Sunday and finished it day before yesterday. I have another one to sew for my sister in law for Xmas, it is cut out, now I just need to sew it, thought about it today, but being lazy. But I need to work in this baby blanket more, I found a baby pillow case that is similar to the blanket that I want to cross stitch too if I can get the blanket done, if not it will be a late present. I will be sure and post the blanket picture for you though when it does finally get finished.
    Old 07-31-2009, 07:10 AM
    Banned

so cool. thanks
    Old 07-31-2009, 09:13 AM

"I have been cross stitching for a very long time. It was my first love in hand stitching. Here are just a few of mine the angel with the blue sash is mirabella and the other one i think is lavender and lace."

Both the angels are Lavender and lace. I have done those too. I love her work and have completed about 17 or 18 of them on linen. I have only framed about 14. They are not cheap to frame!!