Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
cross stitch >

cross stitch

cross stitch

Old 07-31-2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
Originally Posted by sunnyhope
I have just started doing "stitchery" which is basically just contour embrodery ; when i have finished one i ll show you :) :) :) ''

I m still trying out threads so if you have anything else than DMC it would be assome if you sent me a tiny bit for trying as i v understood there is so many kinds out there :mrgreen:
how do you like doing it? i've never tried it
You should, its a lot easier than xstitch and kinda looks like pretty childrens drawings :D
Old 07-31-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
"I have been cross stitching for a very long time. It was my first love in hand stitching. Here are just a few of mine the angel with the blue sash is mirabella and the other one i think is lavender and lace."

Both the angels are Lavender and lace. I have done those too. I love her work and have completed about 17 or 18 of them on linen. I have only framed about 14. They are not cheap to frame!!
You got that right they are very expensive to frame. I did four more two for each of my daughters. Really enjoyed making them alot. I did a couple on linen but it was real hard on eyes even with magnifier glass so I prefer to do them on adia.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 PM

Ladies, those are beautiful!
Old 08-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by tslowery
Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
"I have been cross stitching for a very long time. It was my first love in hand stitching. Here are just a few of mine the angel with the blue sash is mirabella and the other one i think is lavender and lace."

Both the angels are Lavender and lace. I have done those too. I love her work and have completed about 17 or 18 of them on linen. I have only framed about 14. They are not cheap to frame!!
You got that right they are very expensive to frame. I did four more two for each of my daughters. Really enjoyed making them alot. I did a couple on linen but it was real hard on eyes even with magnifier glass so I prefer to do them on adia.
Whats adia?
Old 08-01-2009, 12:18 PM

Count me in. I do cross stitching and love it. I finished an English country side picture. Just need a frame. I am also working on a bald eagle and the american background. It is a counted cross stitch, so it is taking LOOOOONG!! I have put that on the back burner for now and am busy making a queen sized american/americana quilt with the 7 virtues of the army embroidered on the top.
I have 4 more quilts including the one I mentioned. So when I get tired of quilts (which happens from time to time). I get quilt fatique. Then I switch to cross stitching or one of the many other crafts I enjoy doing.
Smile
Old 08-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Banned

i do all mine on aida. the others give me eye strain. :D
aida is a bit heaver the linen
Old 08-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned

here's one i did for Ken. I put pillow stuffing (polifil) on it to look like clouds as its called above the clouds. its a thersa wentzler pattern
Attached Thumbnails attachment-15621.jpe  
Old 08-01-2009, 04:02 PM

I think all of you gals work is great i have a blanket here i'll get a picture of one of these days an put it on here
Old 08-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Banned

Oh neat, I can't wait to see it. Its so neat all the things you can do with Cross stitch.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Banned

I cross-stitch, too. Just not as much as I would like to--quilting comes first!