Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Customer service at Fabric Depot

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    I don't have a Fabric Depot around here .
    Believe me, there is only one Fabric Depot, and it is nirvana for sewers.

Blog Entries
    It's happening all over with every business. By the time the security is in place it's obsolete to the crooks. ID thieves are staying one step ahead of the law. If you use a credit card at any local or online business you are in the matrix. Have you ever paid for a people search? Anyone can find out anything about you. A crook can get a list of credit card info cross reference it with a database of legal records and have info needed. After my cards were taken over I started reading what I could about ID theft. Just a quick search of hacker sites online was enough to realize it's too far out of control. Everyone gets the fake charges taken off the cards, new cards issued and it starts all over again.
    I have fraud alert and ID protection from the credit reporting sites and that seems to be working the best so far. I get a alert every time a charge is made to any of my registered cards, DH's too. $30 a month.
    Got fabric?

It also happened to me, and I called their Customer Service in November 2012, and they totally ignored my warning. Now they send a letter 4 months later??? $1600 spent on my card, my Christmas money. It took my bank a couple of weeks to clear the charges. No thank you Fabric Depot for 30% off on any future purchases. I will not shop w/them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewstar View Post
    It also happened to me, and I called their Customer Service in November 2012, and they totally ignored my warning. Now they send a letter 4 months later??? $1600 spent on my card, my Christmas money. It took my bank a couple of weeks to clear the charges. No thank you Fabric Depot for 30% off on any future purchases. I will not shop w/them again.
    I had the same issue a while back, $1800 gone in a flash. However, I called my Credit Union at 8am and was in their office by 9am, had a new card in hand and by the time I got home, the money was back in my account. I have often heard you get much better service with Credit Unions, I guess it might be true. They actually told me to be careful with Paypal. I do still use Paypal, and I have had no issues since, but you never know when its going to hit you, its just good to know that the money will be returned quickly. My DH's card has been compromised several times, and he does not even shop online!!!! Go figure.
    Amythyst

Blog Entries
    I've never ordered from Fabric Depot and two of my cc were hacked. One I haven't used in over two years. The bank and cc company took the charges off immediately. I didn't have to pay or was obligated to pay. Why did you have to wait for the $1600 to be cleared up? I'd change banks.
    Got fabric?

Interesting - I received the same letter in the mail and was wondering if it was legitimate. Frankly, I checked my PP account, and have yet to call my credit card company, When I called that toll free number, they wanted more info, and I felt uncomfortable giving it. We have a Fabric Depot that I DO shop at, but they take cash and checks ONLY - other than that, I don't remember any other purchases on-line....big mystery, isn't it?

Yeah, another one for Fabric Depot! I love that place! I could just set up a tent and live there if they would let me. My kids know what to get me for birthdays, etc. A gift certificate from Fabric Depot, yeah! Got one right here in my hot little hand. Now, what to buy?? What to order?? Yippee.
    Judy
    Friendship is the fabric of our lives!

sounds like this is a company to do business with.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Power Poster
    Kudos to Fabric Depot to follow-up and tell you what they have done to avoid it happening in the future. Unfortunately, there are computer hackers everywhere and people who want to make a quick buck. I forget exactly why we had to do this, probably because one of us lost our wallets; so we set up a new account; but we left the former account open, as there were charges that had not cleared. We kept only $200-$300 in that account so that if our account was compromised our losses would be minimal. We also do not use a debit card when purchasing online, just as a precaution. But I'm glad that Fabric Depot cared enough about their customers to keep them aprised of what they had done and that's just good customer service.

Blog Entries

Same thing happened to me and I got the same letter.

Quote Originally Posted by MarLeClair View Post
    I just have to comment on this. I was there in Oregon once and loved the store and have shopped on time several times. Apparently their credit card information got compromised back in October of 2012. My credit card was used a couple of times and I have since cancelled it and turned a couple of items over to the fraud department.
    What I want to comment on is a letter I got today from Fabric Depot. It explained about the credit card information, what they have done to investigate and protect further information. Also in the letter they gave me an great incentive to order on-line again. The letter explained from top to bottom how it happend, what I can do to protect myself now and how to protect myself in the future. I was really impressed with the way it was handled and even called them after I got the letter to tell them how grateful I am. This is a store I will continue to deal with.
    I think the least they could have done was to buy everyone credit protection for one year instead of a 30% coupoon. I will not do business with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by ro View Post
    i also ordered from fabric depot via phone, as i am no where near their shop. i was very impressed that they sent this letter and the incentive to still do business w/them. i certainly will deal w/them in the future. i'm sure they are loosing money by seding out this "incentive", but also at the same time protecting their name and standing behind their product. kadoos to them. i consider them to be very professional and well worth having any of my business.
    I also received the letter and was very impressed. My cards were compromised by an online retailer. I do check my cards-all 2 of them-on line weekly to be safe. I shop mainly by internet and find stores that try to protect me my go to stores. Amazon-fabric.com-MSQC-todaysquilting.com-are my favourtie and the ones I use more than others. I also use PayPal as often as I can for extra protection.

It's not even safe to have two accounts at the same bank. Friend of mine had her name on her son's account and his money was stolen out of his account. The bank took money out of her account to cover his bills making several of her checks bounce. Took them a long time to get it straightened out. What makes me mad and I will never do business with her bank is that they never bothered to call them before taking money out of her account. BAD BUSINESS!

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    I don't have a Fabric Depot around here but I wish that Connecting Threads had done THAT when their records were compromised at end of Dec and early Jan. Two of my debit cards were "used" via their breach. I know it wasn't their fault but I still think they should have send out a notice ASAP.
    I order from Connecting Threads. Is there a site you can go to for more information? I had no idea this had occurred.

Las Vegas, NV - transplanted from Southeastern PA
    I received the letter also. I went online to order and had trouble trying to enter the codes to get the discounts promised. I called the store and was told to call on Monday during their normal working hours and they would take care of it. I will continue to do business with them even though I did have some fraudulent charges on my card. No worries, the credit card company cancelled them and I was not responsible. So I made out like a bandit!
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, WINE IN THE OTHER, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Las Vegas, NV - transplanted from Southeastern PA
    Quote Originally Posted by citygirlsews View Post
    I think the least they could have done was to buy everyone credit protection for one year instead of a 30% coupoon. I will not do business with them again.
    Most credit card companies cancel your card when it has been stolen. Therefore, you don't need the credit card protection because your number is no longer any good and cannot be used. Getting a new number is like starting over.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, WINE IN THE OTHER, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2blackcats View Post
    Most credit card companies cancel your card when it has been stolen. Therefore, you don't need the credit card protection because your number is no longer any good and cannot be used. Getting a new number is like starting over.
    I also had fraudulent use of my credit card in mid-Jan 2013---was it Fabric Depot? Who knows, as the gas station that I do my regular business at also had some problems, plus the type of information that they apparently had when they tried to change my billing address, etc (which Fabric Depot did not have and neither did the gas station)was used at my cell phone co right before. Anyway, I will do business with them again. But I agree with BellaBoo that you have to be so on top of your credit cards--keep track and reconcile your bills, and don't use debit cards! Credit card co (at least Capitol One) are always looking for fraud.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2