Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Customer service at Fabric Depot >

Customer service at Fabric Depot

Customer service at Fabric Depot

Old 03-07-2013, 03:45 PM

I also received a letter today from Fabric Depot. My credit card was compromised recently and it's been replaced. The fraudulent charges were dropped. I thought it was the Fabric Depot transaction that did it (because I had only recently used the card for that company). It was my first order with them! I'm glad the bank was right on it and that Fabric Depot is doing its best to keep its good customer base.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:28 PM

I had my debit card compromised. I have decided to use a prepaid Visa card for any online purchases. No worries with that but a bit more expensive. I am going to check fabric depots site as I also got the letter today with the deal.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

Great. I am glad they care so much about their customers.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:49 AM

As far as I am concerned these on line companies have got to do a better job of protecting us shoppers when we shop on line. That is my opinion. I will not shop at Connecting Threads any more. If it happened once it will happen again.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:16 AM

[Also check with your bank about any services they may have. My bank offers a separate "free checking' account. If you have an account with them you can open another account with a separate number and card like a credit or debit card. You can check what your balance will be for an online purchase then go to the bank online and move that much money into the account and go back to the online site and submit the order. This way there is only enough in it to cove the payment. I did try this but I would use it so seldom that at one point I had a dormant fee. Banker waived it the first time and suggested I use it for a small purchase every month, such as a cup of coffee just to have an activity so it wouldn't be dormant. But I cancelled it after awhile as I just didn't use it often and didn't want to have to keep making sure I used it in between online use. If I didn't want to use my other one for online I think I would just get one that was only for online.

Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

I have a dump account with my bank and have no fees what so ever. I make my purchase on line, then transfer the money. It works great. no extra money for anyone to get.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
I don't have a Fabric Depot around here .
Believe me, there is only one Fabric Depot, and it is nirvana for sewers.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

It's happening all over with every business. By the time the security is in place it's obsolete to the crooks. ID thieves are staying one step ahead of the law. If you use a credit card at any local or online business you are in the matrix. Have you ever paid for a people search? Anyone can find out anything about you. A crook can get a list of credit card info cross reference it with a database of legal records and have info needed. After my cards were taken over I started reading what I could about ID theft. Just a quick search of hacker sites online was enough to realize it's too far out of control. Everyone gets the fake charges taken off the cards, new cards issued and it starts all over again.
I have fraud alert and ID protection from the credit reporting sites and that seems to be working the best so far. I get a alert every time a charge is made to any of my registered cards, DH's too. $30 a month.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:06 AM

It also happened to me, and I called their Customer Service in November 2012, and they totally ignored my warning. Now they send a letter 4 months later??? $1600 spent on my card, my Christmas money. It took my bank a couple of weeks to clear the charges. No thank you Fabric Depot for 30% off on any future purchases. I will not shop w/them again.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sewstar View Post
It also happened to me, and I called their Customer Service in November 2012, and they totally ignored my warning. Now they send a letter 4 months later??? $1600 spent on my card, my Christmas money. It took my bank a couple of weeks to clear the charges. No thank you Fabric Depot for 30% off on any future purchases. I will not shop w/them again.
I had the same issue a while back, $1800 gone in a flash. However, I called my Credit Union at 8am and was in their office by 9am, had a new card in hand and by the time I got home, the money was back in my account. I have often heard you get much better service with Credit Unions, I guess it might be true. They actually told me to be careful with Paypal. I do still use Paypal, and I have had no issues since, but you never know when its going to hit you, its just good to know that the money will be returned quickly. My DH's card has been compromised several times, and he does not even shop online!!!! Go figure.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

I've never ordered from Fabric Depot and two of my cc were hacked. One I haven't used in over two years. The bank and cc company took the charges off immediately. I didn't have to pay or was obligated to pay. Why did you have to wait for the $1600 to be cleared up? I'd change banks.