Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: cutting board's day in the sun!

FYI..my dh had an extra thermometer and was bored......yes, he put the thermometer on our driveway about 12:30 or so. The thermometer read 117 at that point of the day. Oh, and our driveway is on the west side of our house.
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    Repairs to hoses are pretty easy to do. Now the main line cap, that's another story altogether.
    Yeah, but these are underground pipes which sprinklers are attached to. It doesn't take forever but it's a down on your knees type of repair.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerd View Post
    FYI..my dh had an extra thermometer and was bored......yes, he put the thermometer on our driveway about 12:30 or so. The thermometer read 117 at that point of the day. Oh, and our driveway is on the west side of our house.
    Our 100+ temps are comin' tomorrow for the next week. We live in the desert but 100+ is too hot. Glad our a/c works just fine! Stay cool, if possible.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

That was a mental picture, reading about the gusher after you ran over a sprinkler head! My DH won't even let me near the lawnmower -- the one time he tried to teach me how to use it, it was going so fast I was running after it holding onto the handle (I'm short). The darn thing almost climbed the fence as it's self propelled. Our neighbor nearly bust a gut laughing at the entertainment I was providing them. DH kept yelling "let go of it" but I couldn't hear him over the mower noise....

Blog Entries
    Aw, I'm sure he meant well. I think he should buy you a new one!

Blog Entries
    My Dad used to pick up my coffee cup, wash it and put it away - all while I made a trip to the bathroom! Not finished with the coffee - of course!

Power Poster
    That's too bad his heart was in the right place but ,,,,,,, Hope another day it works.

Bless his heart

Awe, maybe it'll flatten back out on the cement!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries

Omg

How funny . My hubby did the same thing. Mine was laid out on a porcelian (?) table top . Almost flat and the knot-head decided to hang it over the porch railing. I sent him to the barn for his own protection. But I did do it again. And this time he was fore-warned. hehehehe
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

Have you ever noticed how they "help" at all the wrong times???? DH thinks he is doing me a favor but I hate it when he does. "If I need your help, honey I will ask for it". I say it every day. I know he means well but it is never what I want done or how I want it done. ERGHHHHH!

Kinda like when my DH was gonna clean up my sewing room by tossing out my "big" bin of scraps. He couldn't understand why I was saving them. LOL.
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Quote Originally Posted by kat112000 View Post
    A hubby that picks things up??? Where do you find one like that??? LOL!!
    I wanna know too!!! Mine would have set some tools on it or something!

Sounds like something my Dh would do. The only time he picks up/throws out something is if i was saving it for something. I leave it out be cause i know he won't touch it! Wrong again. And if he comes in my sewing room to clean, i will just tell him that he has plenty of things of his own to clean- like the garage, for example. ( people are always taking his stuff and not putting it back!) ha ha! hope that your cutting mat comes back to life! And God save us from helping husbands!
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

There are times when I think I just might like one of those DH's again. But then I read one of these events, laugh, and decide I am just fine living alone and not having someone in my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chaskaquilter View Post
    There are times when I think I just might like one of those DH's again. But then I read one of these events, laugh, and decide I am just fine living alone and not having someone in my stuff.
    It's still laying out this morning. It was on the rock overnight when it's gotten a bit cool (high 70's). Has two big bumps in it.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Oh that sounds like my husband. He oncd put a handwoven wool blanket through the washer and dryer because he hadn't seen me wadh it in a while.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the laugh. Mine would have drven over then walked on it coming into the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainequilts View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. Mine would have drven over then walked on it coming into the house.

It's on the sidewalk. Walking on it is not a problem!
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by OHSue View Post
    Oh that sounds like my husband. He oncd put a handwoven wool blanket through the washer and dryer because he hadn't seen me wadh it in a while.

My son put bleach in the wash of a quilt that belonged to his girlfriend. She didn't kill him. Bless her heart.
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    My DH does these things to help me as well. He's always trying to "help" in the kitchen. I haven't moved anything in this kitchen for 10 years, and he still doesn't know where anything goes. My DD moved back in recently, and after 2 weeks knows where all but 2 things go. I don't let him in the sewing room except to help with hanging shelves etc. He wants to "help" by throwing things out.
    He's hard to live with, but my life would be very dull without him!
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Power Poster
    I did have to laugh - and sympathize with these posts!

My lady friend ran into one of the water pipes with a golf cart at the RV park we live in - the water pressure must be pretty good - the water shot up about 25 feet! This was about 1 am Christmas morning! These pipes stick up out of the ground about two feet. The owner was really quite mellow about it as he repaired it!

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    He always means well-------------he just does not ask first!
    Lordy, I can relate with my husband and two teenagers who are in the middle of the "airhead" years...
    NOBODY in this house listens or thinks clearly lately!! Very frustsrating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
    My DH does these things to help me as well. He's always trying to "help" in the kitchen. I haven't moved anything in this kitchen for 10 years, and he still doesn't know where anything goes. My DD moved back in recently, and after 2 weeks knows where all but 2 things go. I don't let him in the sewing room except to help with hanging shelves etc. He wants to "help" by throwing things out.
    He's hard to live with, but my life would be very dull without him!
    I can RELATE!!! Only we have lived here for 20 years and he still has no idea in which drawer things belong. I TRULY think that is because I have done it all for so many years....now, when he has to pitch in---DH doesn't have a clue!!!!!!

I am rolling on the floor......to funny and I'm crying'. My DH must be related to yours, cuz he would do the same.
    "We can never have too much fabric" and "May the Fabric Fairy always keep your stash filled".

Robinlee

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast