Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: cutting board's day in the sun!

Quote Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
    Trying really hard not to laugh, and it's not working! This reminds me of when my friend put her throw rugs on the sidewalk to dry and her hubby ran over them with the lawn mower. She wasn't a happy camper.
    He did take her rug shopping didn't he? And buy supper while they were out?
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
    My DH does these things to help me as well. He's always trying to "help" in the kitchen. I haven't moved anything in this kitchen for 10 years, and he still doesn't know where anything goes. My DD moved back in recently, and after 2 weeks knows where all but 2 things go. I don't let him in the sewing room except to help with hanging shelves etc. He wants to "help" by throwing things out.
    He's hard to live with, but my life would be very dull without him!

Stuff in my kitchen has been where it's at for 25 years except for the "roll" stuff that has a newer rack on the pantry door. My older DD doesn't do too bad returning stuff, but my younger DD puts stuff ----------away----------where it can't be seen.
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    I read some of these to my husband, he said, "You could write a book huh." Like the time I asked him to put wash lines up for me when we moved. Told him how high and 3 lines (T style). Well, he thought he would make it better for me by putting 4 lines on it (to close for the wash to dry) and lower it so I could reach it better (wash hung on the ground). Over the years he hit his head on the T part more than I can count, I just laughed at him and said, "You should have made it the height I asked for." I came home one day and my wash lines were gone!! He hit his head on it again, said that was it and cut them down. lol Still waiting for new ones.

Blog Entries
    Husbands always think there is a better way! And they will never learn. That is why we do things sometimes when they are at work or out playing golf.

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    It's perfectly flat, clean from footprints and dog paws, standing on end in a tight space to prevent it from warping again. I wasn't the least bit worried about it not being usable. And I use craft stiffener for my purse bottoms.
    I have a large green mat with a couple of warped spots. I still use the mat, I just cut elsewhere. But would love to have the bubbles out. Since I live in Texas and it is hotter than the blazes here right now - thinking about laying mine out. Just checking - you just laid yours out on the concrete? Did you place anything on top of it? I saw a comment that indicated to soak it in warm water and vinegar first then lay out - which I can do if need be. Just wondered exactly what you did. :-)

Very funny reading of how *helpful* our husbands are (NOT!)!!
    Dawn

ROTFLOL my dh would do the exact same thing...........lol

Kat

I moved a few years ago and my matt warped to the point I was going to throw it out. Hubby suggested I try putting it under the mattress on our bed and it worked, good thing it worked since it was March and the sun here isnt that warm in March!
    Quilt outside of the box!

How funny -- I could see my DH help me like this. However, our temps would not straightening anything.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnFurlong View Post
    I have a large green mat with a couple of warped spots. I still use the mat, I just cut elsewhere. But would love to have the bubbles out. Since I live in Texas and it is hotter than the blazes here right now - thinking about laying mine out. Just checking - you just laid yours out on the concrete? Did you place anything on top of it? I saw a comment that indicated to soak it in warm water and vinegar first then lay out - which I can do if need be. Just wondered exactly what you did. :-)

Very funny reading of how *helpful* our husbands are (NOT!)!!

Just flopped it out on the concrete. It's flat, now
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    Just flopped it out on the concrete. It's flat, now
    Thanks GrannieAnnie - going to try that as well! Will post if it works for me.
    Dawn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4