Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting Machines - which one???? >

Cutting Machines - which one????

Cutting Machines - which one????

Old 07-02-2010, 03:15 PM

I saw a video showing a Sizzix cutting machine and even though it was cutting fabric, it looks like to me it is made for scrapbooking.

Is there a machine for cutting shapes for applique and strips, etc. that is really good for fabric but doesn't cost too much? (when I say too much, I would like it to be under $65. Thanks. You guys always give such good advice.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

I doubt you will find a good fabric die cut machine for that price. I have tried the Sizzix big machine and wasn't impressed. It only cut one layer of fabric and it had to be stabilized. I think it was about $150. I have the Go! and think it's the best value for the money.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I doubt you will find a good fabric die cut machine for that price. I have tried the Sizzix big machine and wasn't impressed. It only cut one layer of fabric and it had to be stabilized. I think it was about $150. I have the Go! and think it's the best value for the money.
I saw one being used on Quilting Art and it cut two pieces at a time. Anyway, I will look into the Go. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by LogCabinLady
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I saw one being used on Quilting Art and it cut two pieces at a time. Anyway, I will look into the Go. Thanks.
I purchased the simplicity rotary cutter (not worth the money spent) and then went and got the Go! and I will honestly tell you, it is worth every penny spent. While it is high $ and the dies are high cost, it will last, cut many layers, and the dies are able to be used over and over.

Good luck, watch for sales online and in your LQS, Joannes etc. You might even find one on sale on ebay.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I want the Go too! Seems like everyone really likes them!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:59 AM

I just got my new Accuquilt Go in the mail this week. I think it was the best for me, lots of options. I bought from www.nancysnotions.com, and they have free shipping too.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:26 AM

Love my accucut studio for cutting appliques.
they are exact perfect rounded edges,
I can't cut a circle even when following a line!!
so curved edges were always a problem
these machines are pricey! but the GO! and studio have no electronic parts so will last for years
and I have cut thousands of shapes with my dies and they all are still working great!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:38 AM

If I was going to by a GO, what is the very best price I could possibly expect to find? And where?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:00 AM

I bought my set from Nancy's Notions. It included the cutter, a bonus set with the tumbler die and the book and a set of dies and mats that came bundled. I added the 3 1/2 "strip cutter and apple core die and the whole set was just over $600. I have 14 dies now. Free shipping too. It was less expensive than buying direct from Accuquilt. Now I have a list of dies that I would like to add on. Guess those could be on my Christmas wish list.