Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dear Jane or Pony Club???????? >

Dear Jane or Pony Club????????

Dear Jane or Pony Club????????

Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 AM

Default Dear Jane or Pony Club????????

I THINK I might be interested in attempted to do one of these-sort of as a 2012 challenge to myself.......have any of you done either or both.....what do you think......I will not be hand piecing, but foundation piecing sounds like it might be the way to go with some of these. I understand the DJ are 4"....seems small to me...has anyone ever enlarged to say 6"??????or should I just forget the it...too intense..........I did see some cheater fabric on ebay of the DJ...maybe that's the way to go. Do you have to order either/both books on line or do LQS carry? I don't know why I suddenly have this obsession to do something like this....maybe I'll just stick to my many UFOs and be done with it........Just thinking out loud.........
Old 01-15-2012, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

There is a new Dear Jane sew along starting today. Here is the link http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...n-t175669.html
It does require that you have the book or the software. If you purchase online, shipping is usually fast, so you wouldn't be far behind. We only do 3 blocks/week. Hope you join us
Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Pony Club blocks are 8" and after working on the FWS 6" blocks ... they seem absolutely huge!
The PC Quilt-A-Long here on the Board only started two weeks ago, so you're really not far behind the group. Besides, I'm sure some will join later on, as I did with the FWS. We've even had some join into the FWS as newbies since Christmas.

The threads once started are there forever, so it really doesn't matter when you start, as those that are further down the trail, are very supportive of the latecomers, as I was, and come back to the threads to show their support and help coach and inspire us ti continue.

Hope that the Pony Club wins out, and that you'll saddle up with us!
(Of course, I'm partial, just a tad!)
Old 01-15-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I THINK I might be interested in attempted to do one of these-sort of as a 2012 challenge to myself.......have any of you done either or both.....what do you think......I will not be hand piecing, but foundation piecing sounds like it might be the way to go with some of these. I understand the DJ are 4"....seems small to me...has anyone ever enlarged to say 6"??????or should I just forget the it...too intense..........I did see some cheater fabric on ebay of the DJ...maybe that's the way to go. Do you have to order either/both books on line or do LQS carry? I don't know why I suddenly have this obsession to do something like this....maybe I'll just stick to my many UFOs and be done with it........Just thinking out loud.........
why not just spend all that energy, time and money on your own quilt...if you are questioning this commitment (and believe me it is a huge commitment), then why not spend this time on your own work, your design (even if you use a classic block, even one of Janes?, or choose one from quilterscache.com)...with your colors... it will be all yours when you are done...
Old 01-20-2012, 08:17 AM

I am still on the fence......yes, I could do my "own", but I have many of those already......I have the Farmers Wife book and cd, I guess I could do that one........Question: Are the two (DJ & Pony) books/cd available on amazon at a good price or does someone out there have a better source?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:27 AM

Both are available on the US Amazon. Not sure what qualifies as a good price. It is less than MSRP.

Im Dear Jane-ing.