Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dear Jane Quilt Club >

Dear Jane Quilt Club

Dear Jane Quilt Club

Old 04-25-2008, 02:25 AM

Last night I had a wonderful time at a nearby quilt shop. I decided to join the Dear Jane Club. I went for 2 reasons one to see what it was all about and also to meet the author of the book Brenda Papadakis. She recently moved to my hometown of San Antonio and wanted to start a local club. She will be coming to the group often since it meets 3 times a month. Next year in the month of March she will do a workshop/ Retreat in New Braunfels , Texas. I am so excited because I will get to know her and join her personal club. I purchased her book and she personally autographed it for me. So I am off on a new adventure!!!

Anyone working on this particular quilt? If you are let me know so we can chat about it!!!!

If you have never heard about this quilt look under the Dear Jane website. This quilt is challenging because it is done with 4 1/2 inch blocks to total over 150 blocks.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:54 AM

I have looked in a few places, but can you tell me what a "Dear Jane" club is?
Old 04-25-2008, 03:55 AM

I've seen some of the quilts. They are pretty.
I so cannot wait to get back to the states!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 05:42 AM

I have most of the blocks done. I don't work on it too often but I try to pull out the cart at least once a year. LOL.

I love the quilt. I did not know the author had moved--she used to live in my hometown, Indianapolis.

Once you start the quilt, there used to be a group w/ on-line advice about how to tackle some of the blocks. Trust me, there is one that is a small star in the center that is easier to fold than to sew. I think the group is still around. Try googling dear jane.

After you complete the Dear Jane, you can move on to the Dear Hannah quilt. Can't wait to see your pictures.
Julie
Old 04-25-2008, 05:55 AM

I've seen examples of the Dear Jane quilt. They're beautiful. This is not a quilt for the faint at heart--we're talking major time commitment here! Good luck with yours--please post photos of your blocks as you complete them!
Old 04-25-2008, 06:10 AM

Loretta and tlrhi , Brenda Papadakis is working on a line of fabric that is going to be similar or identical to the fabrics used in the quilt. Look for it coming soon to local quilt stores. They are reproductions by Windham.

Yes I am going to use cival war, and her new line as well as other reproductions to make the quilt. I have a collection of such fabricts that has been waiting for such a project.

Quiltwoman I am glad to hear you are already working on them. How far along are you? Why don't you post some of your picks so I and others can see them?

HarmonyI will not be able to post unless I find someone who has a camera and knows how to do this. I am a computer dummy when it comes to this.

Cottagelover as to what is a club some local quilt shops and guilds have persons working on this. They get together to sew and talk about the quilt and their own progress. It is like a sewing bee but everyone works on the same project.

Here is the website for Dear Jane http//www.dearjane.com.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:54 AM

That is a nice quilt - must take forever though.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:13 PM

Here is a Jane quilt i came across thought you might like a look

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1142815535033907015EcXZFK
Old 04-25-2008, 02:37 PM

Bebe, sounds like you had a great time. Could you bring the book when we have lunch next week so I can see it? Haven't seen any of these yet.

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:45 PM

Wow Ruth that sure is a pretty Jane quilt. Thanks for giving me the website to see it.