Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dear Jane Quilt Club >

Dear Jane Quilt Club

Dear Jane Quilt Club

Old 04-27-2008, 03:43 AM

bebe...that is the quilt I learned how to quilt on..no kidding! Don't tell a dumb-dumb they can't do anything...for I did do it:0)I never finished it..but, it is all planned out and ready to roll. I have about half done. I am presently working on the civil war diaries quilt and the love letters too...I try to do just 5blocks a month on each and usually run behind...when I get the two done... will then go back to my dear jane...there are many postings in cyberville to see all the different ones and their progress. You are a lucky girl to be in this group! Too bad she has been so slow on the punch w/the matching fabrics:))You will love this quilt!! I can just about name each block still:))Let's hope that leaves soon so I can have the head space for something else;))Skeat
Old 04-27-2008, 03:52 AM

I'll keep an eye out for the fabric on line. Depending on how much I like it, I can have my daughter or a friend of mine get it for me.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:29 AM

Skeat,
Can you post some of your Dear Jane blocks so I can look at them.
Also let me take a look at your Cival War blocks. I am very much interested in such era !!

She had another fabric line earlier unsure of the name ( maybe Savannah) but within the reproduction/ cival war look. Look at the salvages some is still around her name is on it (Brenda Papadaskis).

Old 04-27-2008, 04:31 AM

Bebe- I wish our quilt shop had the Dear Jane Club. I've bought the book a few years ago but never did anything with it. Maybe I should just dig in and start.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:28 AM

I'll post some this week...I'll only do a couple of rows...for I don't have them sewn together..they are seperate in a binder:))Skeat
Old 04-27-2008, 04:09 PM

Sounds interesting, would love to see some of the work.
G
Old 05-08-2008, 01:24 PM

I envy you having the Dear Jane author and teacher in your area! The size she drafted was too small for me, so I redrafted to 6" size and have used many of those "Dear Jane" blocks in several quilts, a wall hanging, table runners, etc. As much as I can, I acknowledge that the designs were drafted from Jane Sickle's quilt "made in wartime 1863" in Vermont and that my project is also "made in wartime 2008" in Colorado. Forum members made this suggestion for that label record we should all make.

Last Christmas I also enlarged many of the border designs, triangular with scallop edges, and interspersed these with pain color/small print insets, about 18" long, for nieces to use (rod pockets across the back of each "set") for mantel, curtain or doorway hanging. The back fabric was a harvest/leaf print. Try these for place mates, as this works very well.

I don;t have access to printing pictures, but most of you do, and I am leased to see the shared pictures and comments. Keep it up! Doris in Denver
Old 05-16-2008, 08:43 AM

Bebe, I would love to do a Dear Jane quilt, but none of the local quilt shops offer it. I've been looking online at some of the shops that offer Dear Jane block-of-the-month clubs. Has anyone done one of those?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM

Bebe she also has a wonderful web site and i belong to a online dear jane club. I have the Dear Jane and Dear Hanna cd's they are great i can print the patterns right off the computer.
Bebe, have fun in you new group I am sure you will learn a ton lol
Dawn
Old 05-16-2008, 01:33 PM

Sorry for got to post the website
http://www.dearjane.com/