Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Design help please - >

Design help please -

Design help please -

Old 02-08-2018, 04:22 AM

Unless you need it bigger, I like it as is.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:58 AM

Baby quilt - black.....not in my book......how about something more friendly, like mint green, lite blue, even white..just to soften it a bit..jmho
Old 02-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

I think it's an awesome modern baby quilt! And yes, babies are supposed to like looking at black and white...

To me it looks like it already has a border. I'd skip that outer black border and just bind it, as is, in black.

Beautiful work and such a nice departure from the ho hum pastels!
Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 AM

Not a traditional baby quilt but I lovecthe fact it is so modern and funky! I would love this if I had a baby now! Are you adding more to increase the size as it is so great as it is. I aphid probably do something quite plain in the royal blue or turquoise to match the border
Old 02-08-2018, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

I love this! What a great modern baby quilt and good high contrast in the middle will have the baby fascinated by your tumbling blocks. I wouldn't be surprised if as a toddler the baby tries to recreate the pattern with real blocks! I too love how you spilled some of the border motif over into the center part in just a few places. Very innovative.

As far as another border, no! Leave it as is. It looks plenty big enough for a crib quilt and is still a good size for a toddler drag around quilt. Bind it and be done.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:20 PM

I love this quilt so much! I have always hated pastels, my whole life, even as a child. When getting your colors done became a thing in the 80's I found out I'm a winter, and that is no doubt why. Also very miffed that I was stuck with poopy old pink, because "blue is for boys." So if you really, really think it needs to be bigger, then go for it, but the design really seems finished to me. I think a turquoise and black zigzag would distract from the design progression you have going on here, but you are **very clearly** a much better graphic artist than I am, and I'm not modest at all, lol. So, I trust your design chops and think you will achieve the best solution. If you decide to do the zigzag, i definitely want to see it! (The horrible competitor within is thinking it might be awful, but the realist is reaching over to give her a smack and a sharply worded lecture on humility. Lol, I really keep those little shoulder people busy some days.)
Old 02-09-2018, 06:55 AM

FYI to those not in love with colors here
Red, Black, and white are the first colors baby recognizes and stimulate baby’s brain. I love this quit!
Old 02-09-2018, 07:38 AM

I think it's great just as it is! Using the person holding it for scale, I think the size is fine, too. They can use it as a baby, and drag it around as a toddler without tripping. It's also a nice size if the new mom decides to hang it on the wall instead of using it.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:50 PM

I think it is perfect the way it is! What a beautiful fun quilt!!

Dina