Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
DH approved a Longarm-Now what? >

DH approved a Longarm-Now what?

DH approved a Longarm-Now what?

Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 AM

Hi, I recently purchased a Tin Lizzie with the wooden frame....I have to say that the wood frame is much stronger and more stable than the metal ones in my humble opinion. My girlfriend has the metal and it seems to be flimsy as she puts it, and the vibration is increditable...she now wishes she had purchased the same frame as I did....I have mine set up the full 10' and I have not notice any vibration whatsoever....I guess really just test drive test drive....I love my Lizzie....she's my queen and the price was right.....
Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rhondakp
Thanks for all the comments! Still have some i want to test drive. It is a good thing I am not in a hurry.
And no you can't have DH!!!! I think I will keep him! lol
Drat, it was worth a try, and I only asked for a loan!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:56 AM

I have an Innova and it is wonderful. Try all the different brands
you can find!!! That is very important I beleive. Also try some
of the different yahoo groups. We have one for the Innova and
they are a great group who helps each other. ABMLongarm.com is the site. The Innova company is new to longarm only but they have been making the 50 thread commerical machines and machines that make the kevlair vets.
(Not really new to quilting) Another very important thing is there service tech's are available 24/7 every day of the year and do talk you through any problem you may have, which mostly I find is operator error. Seriously do try any machine you can because it will really help.
Connie in Kansas
Old 04-19-2010, 09:11 AM

I don't think anyone has mentioned the APQS machines. One of my friends is a proud owner and loves it. The stitches look like it has been done on a domestic machine. People that see my quilts can't believe the stitching. Her dealer is wonderful and lives in Niceville, Florida. Her site is:

http://www.katydids.net
Old 04-19-2010, 10:22 AM

I have the APQS Lenni (18" sewing area)with the 12 foot table and I LOVE it. There are so many features available on the different machines, you really have to decide what is important to you. I was looking for the least vibration and a stitch regulator. I highly recommend test driving as many machines as you can at a quilt show... I think many dealers will be at the Kansas City MQS show in May. I am taking classes there. Good luck!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:13 PM

I test drove all of those machines, visited every quilt shop and show that I could. Each machine has its good and not so good points. Service becomes very important. It doesn't do any good to save a few dollars on one model, have problems, and then find out that the one service person will get to you in a few weeks. I ended up with a Gammill and each and every time I have called Accomplish Quilting, where I purchased, or for that matter, Touch of Thread, I have been very pleased. I needed a small part replaced and it was put in the mail that same day. Another time, I was just brain dead and couldn't figure out something so I called. If I had it to do again, I would do the Gammill. I did revisit all of the displays at the Cleveland Quilt Show this year just to see if I would make the same decision again....Yes I would. I even spent some time talking to the Gammill rep. He knew I didn't purchase from them and stated it did not matter...give him a call if I needed anything. Look at the quality of the parts, the sturdiness of the stands and good luck.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by chloe999
Hi,
Glad to hear about your new longarm purchase. We are retiring to FLA and have no room for my Gammill Classic. I love it but must sell it, I'm in Ohio if you are interested in the details email me I would be glad to give you information.
i am interested i am going to the long arm show in kc may 10 How much quilting room do you have and does it have a stitch regulator? how old is it sorry i have a lot of questions

mema
Old 04-19-2010, 04:33 PM

12' table, 26" throat space and has a stitch regulator, and many other features and accessories, it is 4 years old, the table is new Sept 09
Old 04-19-2010, 04:35 PM

Both of these dealers are excellent
Old 04-19-2010, 04:42 PM

Chloe999, How much do you want for your machine and frame?