Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
DH approved a Longarm-Now what? >

DH approved a Longarm-Now what?

DH approved a Longarm-Now what?

Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 PM

Rhonda,

Hi, my name is Peggy (Peg-tx) from TX of course. I have an Innova 18" and believe me, it lives up to it's new reputation. I don't know where you live, but their sit is www.ABMinternational.com . Click on the first site on the left side on to ABM Innova. ONE OF THE choices gives you where all the dealer and reps are. Several in PA, OH, just not in Indiana. They have an 18". new 22" 26"--an Auto Pilot computer, etc. and on and on. Read about the company. They have been in long arm business for 70--get that--70 years. They are here is Houston and have industrial machines (Those BIG-BIG guys. Decided 3 1/2 years ago to get into the home quilting market so used their knowledge to build smaller ones with their design. The machines are absolutely a dream. Listen to the ones that own them and you would think they could "walk On Water" Go to the Yahoo Innova Group and just read for a time. It takes any thread I have tried which is a lot and they really do have 24/7 service and the ones you usually get is Michael which is the father of ABM. Neal is another one and he is the President of the company so you do not ever get a run-around. They know their business. Another thing is you can buy what you can afford at first and add to it as you can. They said they would always make everything that can be attached later. The table is a PRO and that is what I went out there to buy for my little short arm and came home with the big one (well big for me) I have back trouble and cannot lean over any more than is necessary. If you have any questions, go to the web site and call them or call Carrie here in Houston that is my Dealer at 281-7931777. Guess I will hush now. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:32 PM

Hi again,

Innova will be at the Kansas show and they are giving classes on it also. I tried the A-1 last year at Houston and maybe it just wasn't set up well, but it was hard to drive. Glad I tried the Innova.

Peg-TX
Old 04-19-2010, 06:57 PM

Glad to hear you are not in a rush. I have been researching also, but with 2 kids in college this fall it may be a while before I can manage it. Keep us posted on what you decide. We are excited for you!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:33 PM

I purchased a Innova 26 in July with a 12 foot frame. I love it. I purchased it from a business that offered a weekend school on your new machine and I can call anytime I have a question. I can also return for a refresher course within 2 years if wanted.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:14 PM

i agree then your hubby can call mine
Old 04-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Banned

how exciting. I am so happy for you. Penny
Old 04-20-2010, 03:17 AM

Brought the Tin Lizzie w/Shirley Sticher. Lizzie worked well, but Shirley (computerized designer)was on drugs. Company traded it out for Shirley II which I love. Have problems with the wood frame. Rods will not stay tight. Good luck.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:45 AM

i have the tin lizzie with the stitch regulator and bought it because of the price. i'm very happy with it. BUT if price had been no object i would have gotten something more expensive, like the gammill. they're really not in the same ballpark. and to go one further, i'd get the computerized one. in for a penny, in for a pound. there are many times when i just want to get the quilt done and not be the one who 'does' it. then the machine can do it for me and better.

p.s. the wood frame on the lizzie is very strong and very stable. and very good looking. if you have it up in your living area, or a spare bedroom, you want it to be nice looking. the metal frames vibrate too much, imo.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:57 PM

Recently at a quilt show I test drove a Homesteader. I really like it, felt at home right away. Has anyone else heard of it or have one? If so, what do you think of it. Money is somewhat of an object so am in the 'hoping someday' stage for now. But, I read everything about long arms I can get my hands on.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:59 PM

I am trying to find something locally since I want access to a local repairman, etc. That is the main priority for me. I don't ever want to have to ship a machine somewhere for repair. I am still looking and test driving but I know it will be months yet before I am prepared to purchase. I wish I could go to the Kansas show but I won't be able to.