Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you ever love a quilt you gave as a gift to someone so much >

Did you ever love a quilt you gave as a gift to someone so much

Did you ever love a quilt you gave as a gift to someone so much

Old 05-14-2011, 07:06 AM

No, but I did give my nephew's wife my Bernina 150 . It was my favorite machine and have regreted it ever since. She never uses the machine. I do have five other machines but I loved that older one.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:47 AM

I'd want that one back, too!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Banned

actually made one for my aunt and she had me put a label on it that says, This quilt was made for XXX in the year XXXX and upon her passing will become the Property of ....ME.....

it is in her will as well...but I am the executor so there should be no confusion as to who gets that quilt..as long as she goes first..ehhhe
we are only 5 years apart in age!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Olivia
No, but I did give my nephew's wife my Bernina 150 . It was my favorite machine and have regreted it ever since. She never uses the machine. I do have five other machines but I loved that older one.
take a lesser machine to her and trade her for the Bernina!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:17 AM

I did the same thing... asked for a quilt back for a show. My daughter was excited about her quilt being shown and paid for expedited shipment plus insurance to get it back to me. It won first prize as the best of wall art (it was Monet's Garden in water-color 1" squares). It's a real compliment to a person for them to know that you think their quilt is special enough to be shown.

Anyway, all they can say is "no" or "I'd rather not". You could be nicer and even offer to pay for the shipping. :oops:
Old 05-14-2011, 08:23 AM

I truly would like the cat pattern. Is it possible to find
it and buy it?????? You did an awsome job on it.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Fab-ra-holic
that you actually want it back. lol :P I have been going to all these quilt shows and I wish I had the Cat Quilt I made for my SIL to display in a show. I called her the other day and asked her if she would put it in her Will that I get it back. lol :P She said she would after we laughed about the question. Seriously, is there any quilt you would love to have back? This is the link to the quilt I am referring to.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68996-1.htm
All I can say is WOW.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:30 AM

I gave one to a coworker who retired and I liked it so much that I made another just like it! I was lucky that I had almost enough scraps left over to make the second top and just had to get more for the border and backing.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:46 AM
KLO

You bet I did. I was in the middle of making a quilt for our bed (Stack 'N' Whack) when I had a call from my SIL. As we talked I asked her if my MIL, her mother, would ever like a quilt. She almost jumped through the phone answering "Yes". Turned out she wanted the colors I was working on at that moment. So, I finished the quilt and gave it to her. I loved that quilt! Figured that when she passed away, I would end up with it. Nope! My SIL ended up keeping it. Oh well, the SIL never had children and was always very generous to our three so it is in good hands.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:52 AM

Love the cat quilt, and would like to have one like it!!
The quilt that Janet made for her mother is absolutely beautiful... and I would have kept it to have her with me, even though your thought is so unselfish, I don't think I could have don't that. What wonderful hearts you have, ladies. You are beautiful people.