Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did you sew/quilt Christmas gifts this year?

I made a Queen size quilt for youngest daughter, wall hanging for oldest daughter, and wall hanging (Tail Feathers) for middle daughter. For my oldest GD I made a tablerunner, 2nd GD got an appliqued tablerunner( gingerbread men) and 3rd. GD got an appliqued pillow.(pattern called Ho Ho The Mistletoe). They love getting handmade items.

I did a quick quilt for my Dad, an apron for his girlfriend, a baby quilt, and a soft bunny doll. Hope to do more for next year!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I love the pillowcases too ... decided to personalize these for my sons & daughters-in-law. They loved them. They are made from fabric left from their wedding quilts!
    Name:  boys_pillowcases_12-11.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  130.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    I did a quick quilt for my Dad, an apron for his girlfriend, a baby quilt, and a soft bunny doll. Hope to do more for next year!
    I did not do quilts this year for Christmas but did fleece blankets for my two great nephews and their sister. I knew they would like them but did not expect the overwhelming response I got from them . All three of them put them over their heads and paraded around so their grandmother could take pictures of them. I did Cinderella for my great niece and she had to model it for grandma. That made me feel so good it was worth all the problems I had with the fleece. I don't know why but it kept slipping and I had it pinned really well, I always joke that I have more pins in seams when I sew than I do thread.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

I did each of my three grandchildren a quilt and made matching pillowcases. I didn't get my granddaughter's longarmed but will be finishing it up shortly. Her quilt was from the Michael Miller clubhouse and I've been working on it all year. It had a lot of additional items (pillows, pillowshams, bedskirt) and we didn't finishing piecing the top until December. I still
    have to finish the pillowshams and bedskirt in addition to quilting it on the longarm.

I made 3 christmas theme lap quilts for Xmas gifts (my mom, mother in law and sister). Two were Yellow brick roads and one was the starry eyed quilt from the moda bakesop site. I wish I had taken pics, especially since I am stillnew this.

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness yes! I made 11 bed sized quilts with 2, 3 or 4 coordinating pillow case - look up the Virginia Project and more of the Virginia Project to see the pictures.
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

I did three bug jar quilts for my girls, a TO Maple Leaf rag quilt for my son-in-law and another quilt that I raffled off to the rest of the gang and my brother won it...he was trilled, everyone else was jealous....thy will have their turn eventually....lol ohhh and an apron for my youngest grandaughter who wanted cooking books for Xmas...

i did one queen size quilt and 6 place mats and a tablerunner and am working on 2 baby quilts still and about to start a
    3rd one goodness everyone around me is having babies ill be glad when that passes lol. babies are sooo adorable i cant help but love to make baby quilts for them though. at least my immediate family is done though there are a few in laws that could still go there but i think the rush is over for a bit lol.
    carla m

I made table runners & pillows this year as gifts. I made about 8 runners & 4 pillows. I finished the Saturday befor Christmas. Everyone loved them.

4 quilted throw pillow covers, a lap quilt, and 3 tablerunners. I love making special things for people I love.

Blog Entries
    I made green tomatoe pincushions for members of my quilt group that meets in Juliette, Ga where they filmed some of Fried Green Tomatoes. I used green tomatoe print fabric. Then for the guild I belong to, I made red velvet strawberry pincushions. I was going to add some brown crushed velvet, making them chocolate covered. I ran out of time, plus i hated to cover up the strawberry. I really enjoyed making them!
    HisPatchwork

3 quilts ranging in size from lap to full (FMQ'd by me), 1 small wallhanging, 4 appliqued potholders, several appliqued towels, some knit scarves, 1 pr. bootie slipper sox and 1 crocheted afghan. I think that's it - making things kept me out of the stores and save money because I didn't have time to shop with these projects to finish.

I made rug mugs for overseas friends, and the microwave bowls. Also, some pillow cases and a couple of baby quilts. But I was so happy that I finally got to make the quilts, I gave them as a early gift.

I made my 2 yo great granddaughter a blanket for her baby. I used leftover strips of flannel from my burp cloth making days. I also made a felted wool earflap hat for one of our white elephant gifts and a pair of felted wool slippers for my mother in law. That's it. That's in addition to all the baking I do for gift baskets.

dd
    I was so busy I finished up on Christmas Eve. I made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for my MIL, she is hanging it, a braid table runner, pillow cases, pj's pants, fleece scarf, thread catcher, ornaments, pin cushion, lunch bag, mug buckets, coffee cup sleeve with a picture holder on it, appliqued Tshirt, 5 hot pads with grandson's hand on front and he colored backing fabric, and a book cover. I think that's it. Every one enjoyed everything I made for them. I guess I need to start earlier next year so it's not Christmas Eve when I finish.lol
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Blog Entries
    I made 1 queen sized Drunkards path, and 3 pieced comfy quilts for 3 of my grandsons-and no-that wasn't me sewing on bindings on Christmas day at 4 in the morning )
    It's not a stash-it's a fabric library!
    http://www.mamisquilts.com/

Blog Entries
    I made 3 lap quilts in 2 - 3 months time. Got a few UFO's done also this year - tomorrow is a New Year, started on a quilt for me for next Christmas the other day.

I made 2 double bed size quilts for 2 great grandsons, 2 queen size for DD's (these tops I had made during the summer) did stich in the ditch quilting on all 4. made 9 fleece neck scarves for DS,DSL and DGS , all had their on initails on them. made 4 sets of pillow cases and a set of dish towels, emborideryed on all of them, all in time to be mailed or gift wraped.. cleaned the sewing/computer room in time to use my work bench size table for a Christmas dinner desert table . this included 3 pumpkin pies, a cherry pie , peach clobber and a punch bowl size banana pudding. yesterday I started my 2012 Christmas gift sewing .

I made 4 head scarfs for grandma and a couple bath mats to step on when u get out of the shower.. a scoodie for my father and a fleece blanket for my mother.. Everyone loved them

I made a quilt for a friend and placemats for my daughter

I made 8 napkins for neighbors, bar soap, key chains, a bunch of yo-yo sewing weights for my sister and a sewn together small basket to keep them in, and a rag queen size quilt for my hubby that I didn't get done, so he got to help me design it...LOL

Blog Entries
    I made all 4 grandchildren, and great grandson their Zodiac sign quilts...was well received by all..Lots of good hugs from all.. Worked on them from Oct - 2nd week of Dec. Longarmed all of them...Lots of work but well worth it...

Wow! You all did a great deal of Christmas quilting and other crafts.
    Penny aka PLS 1946

All the daughters, daughter in laws, granddaughters got (travel) jewelry bags. Also a set
    of 3, rolly nester bags ( with zippers) and sneeze catchers (small packs of kleenex covers)
    They all seemed very happy with them. Not much for the guys. Made a 11+ yr. old
    great grandson a camaflouge pillow case, and 10yr old Grandson one out of a baseball
    print. They had the small accent border at opening end along with then a 4" coordinating
    print border, They really liked them.
    This next year the girls.(mentioned above) will be getting those lined full aprons and I
    think a half-apron. The half-apron...I bought at an antique shop for $2, it was extremely
    'used' but I too it apart for a cheap pattern. I really like it has big pockets, pockets and
    ties and apron all enclosed with coordinating bias tape (I make mine). I'm wondering tho
    if the younger gals will use them much...whocan tell? Also think I will make those luggage
    tags that were on the board several months ago...for 'everybody that flys".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast