Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you sew/quilt Christmas gifts this year? >

Did you sew/quilt Christmas gifts this year?

Did you sew/quilt Christmas gifts this year?

Old 12-31-2011, 05:37 AM
dd

I was so busy I finished up on Christmas Eve. I made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for my MIL, she is hanging it, a braid table runner, pillow cases, pj's pants, fleece scarf, thread catcher, ornaments, pin cushion, lunch bag, mug buckets, coffee cup sleeve with a picture holder on it, appliqued Tshirt, 5 hot pads with grandson's hand on front and he colored backing fabric, and a book cover. I think that's it. Every one enjoyed everything I made for them. I guess I need to start earlier next year so it's not Christmas Eve when I finish.lol
Old 12-31-2011, 05:51 AM

I made 1 queen sized Drunkards path, and 3 pieced comfy quilts for 3 of my grandsons-and no-that wasn't me sewing on bindings on Christmas day at 4 in the morning )
Old 12-31-2011, 06:04 AM

I made 3 lap quilts in 2 - 3 months time. Got a few UFO's done also this year - tomorrow is a New Year, started on a quilt for me for next Christmas the other day.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:33 AM

I made 2 double bed size quilts for 2 great grandsons, 2 queen size for DD's (these tops I had made during the summer) did stich in the ditch quilting on all 4. made 9 fleece neck scarves for DS,DSL and DGS , all had their on initails on them. made 4 sets of pillow cases and a set of dish towels, emborideryed on all of them, all in time to be mailed or gift wraped.. cleaned the sewing/computer room in time to use my work bench size table for a Christmas dinner desert table . this included 3 pumpkin pies, a cherry pie , peach clobber and a punch bowl size banana pudding. yesterday I started my 2012 Christmas gift sewing .
Old 12-31-2011, 06:47 AM

I made 4 head scarfs for grandma and a couple bath mats to step on when u get out of the shower.. a scoodie for my father and a fleece blanket for my mother.. Everyone loved them
Old 12-31-2011, 07:10 AM

I made a quilt for a friend and placemats for my daughter
Old 12-31-2011, 09:07 AM

I made 8 napkins for neighbors, bar soap, key chains, a bunch of yo-yo sewing weights for my sister and a sewn together small basket to keep them in, and a rag queen size quilt for my hubby that I didn't get done, so he got to help me design it...LOL
Old 12-31-2011, 11:08 AM

I made all 4 grandchildren, and great grandson their Zodiac sign quilts...was well received by all..Lots of good hugs from all.. Worked on them from Oct - 2nd week of Dec. Longarmed all of them...Lots of work but well worth it...
Old 12-31-2011, 11:35 AM

Wow! You all did a great deal of Christmas quilting and other crafts.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:37 AM

All the daughters, daughter in laws, granddaughters got (travel) jewelry bags. Also a set
of 3, rolly nester bags ( with zippers) and sneeze catchers (small packs of kleenex covers)
They all seemed very happy with them. Not much for the guys. Made a 11+ yr. old
great grandson a camaflouge pillow case, and 10yr old Grandson one out of a baseball
print. They had the small accent border at opening end along with then a 4" coordinating
print border, They really liked them.
This next year the girls.(mentioned above) will be getting those lined full aprons and I
think a half-apron. The half-apron...I bought at an antique shop for $2, it was extremely
'used' but I too it apart for a cheap pattern. I really like it has big pockets, pockets and
ties and apron all enclosed with coordinating bias tape (I make mine). I'm wondering tho
if the younger gals will use them much...whocan tell? Also think I will make those luggage
tags that were on the board several months ago...for 'everybody that flys".