Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed in Fabric Purchased via Internet >

Disappointed in Fabric Purchased via Internet

Disappointed in Fabric Purchased via Internet

Old 08-28-2011, 04:43 AM

I've only bought online once and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I loved it and it worked for me. I will probably buy online again even though there are 4 quilt shops within 1/2 mile of my house.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:41 AM

I haven't purchase much on line, but so far have not been disappointed with what I received.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
If I'm looking for matching fabrics, I order all the fabric from the same line. Monitors are all different, so you probably are not going to get a perfect color representation on your monitor.
Many companies have return policies, check and see.
I've even had some from the same line not match very well. I order online a lot. Unfortunately, not always getting what you thought is a possibility.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:04 AM

When I ordered online I've always been happy alto there was one time I ordered red/white/green pattern in flannel for Xmas and when I washed it it faded and went into the other fabric. The only thing I can think of is that I washed it with Woolite which is supposed to be gentle I thought. Oh well live & learn. It is hard to know if the colors are really what you want. I have noticed as someone said some places except returns. Maybe you can try that. Good Luck. Sue
Old 09-01-2011, 11:12 AM

For the most part I've had good luck. Recently, though, I was looking for more a certain fabric (a sapphire blue color) that I purchased a few years back. I found some on ebay that looked *Exactly* like mine, print and shade and all.

I just received it the other day and am very disappointed. The color is so faded -- almost like all the dye had been washed out. It doesn't even appear to be another shade of the same fabric - in that it doesn't appear to be manufactured that color. It just looks "washed out" and is much more of a medium blue/periwinkle than on the picture. I'm not sure if I should return it or just learn a lesson.