Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed, please help.

I love the choice of color and card trick pattern. If I decided to add more, I would quilt the inner edge of the frame (stitch in the ditch...or close) and then if I still felt it needed more, I would do the same to the center design..not around each card, but the edge of the grouping.

Oops...forgot to say, it will be loved no matter what choice you make; it's a gift of love.

I think your quilt is stunning. The colors are fabulous. The quilting is disappointing, but you said it was for a 10 year old. She is not going to care about the quilting. She will love it because you made it. Bind it and give it to her to love.

Your quilt is beautiful. I would like to see the whole quilt. Sorry, I have no idea on the quilting.

I'd tell the longarmer that it needs more quilting! I'm guessing you paid a pretty penny for it, and you should get your money's worth and be satisfied with what you get in return.

Blog Entries
    [quote=klgreene] My machine won't let my feed dog drop, so ........maybe I can convince my DH that I really do need a new machine. ......./quote]
    The quilt is lovely. Many great previous replies on the quilting or lack thereof. As long as the batting is tacked down by 2-3 inches of quilting, it should be fine... even with use! In-the-ditch would seal it for sure!
    Don't know what machine you have, but I did see (once) at the annual NQ show in Columbus, OH a cover plate for Featherweights!!!!! so that you could free-quilt. I should have bought it for mine, but ....
    Of course, you have future birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, etc. as wonderful reasons for DH to get you a gift!! Good luck.

Blog Entries
    why not mirror the lines, it would put a lot more quilting in, and look like it was planned.

Thanks everyone...I'm going to think on this a couple days, then see which idea I feel I can do. Still want a new machine, so maybe if I wait just long enough, I'll luck out. I appreciate all your ideas, and take them all into consideration.

I will post a picture of the finished quilt.

I live in Albuquerque but mail my quilt tops to a lovely lady in Frisco Texas and she does a beautiful job for $.01 per square inch. She has $.02 and $.03 but I usually get the $.01. Example a 80 X 80 top would be $64.00 plus thread and batting. I would be happy to put you in touch with her. There are many longarm quilters here in Albuquerque but they charge more and/or take months to complete.

I love your colors. Becuase it's for a 10yr old I would stitch in the ditch. All my grands have quilts and have even made their own. We don't make them for "display."

I was just playing around and came up with this simple addition to the half heart. I was thinking you may not have enough space to complete the other side symmetrically.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarpanini
    I was just playing around and came up with this simple addition to the half heart. I was thinking you may not have enough space to complete the other side symmetrically.
    I like the heart that you drew. I would do something like this, but I would not SID over he the stitching that is already there. This is just my opinion though.

Maybe she would add some quilting to it, but I still think it is beautiful!

Oh wow, I just noticed you are from Clovis! I live in Farwell. Have you asked around at the Patchwork House or at the Sewing Basket? They probably know of longarmers to recommend, who might be able to "fix" this.

ETA: I haven't personally sent anything out yet, but I know I've heard of a woman in Clovis who did a friend of a friend's quilt, and she was very happy with the work. Don't know her name, though. I know the lady at the Sewing Basket had a card for someone, but I didn't take one.

Let her know you are diepleased with her work how can she correct it other wise. I do some longarm work and would want to know

my rule of thumb is a well loved quilt needs to have spaces no bigger than your fist. you can echo the lines that are quilted. good luck.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Unless you told her to do whatever she wanted, I think you need to talk to her. How did you find her? Do you know someone who has used her before?

It's a beautiful quilt. I'd talk to her and ask if it would be possible to add a little more quilting to it.

Blog Entries
    I hope this quilter doesn't hear about this post from someone who knows her and has seeen the quilt. Many longarm quilters keep pictures of each quilt they do. It would be much better to hear from you.

Your choice of fabrics is beautiful. I think the quilting will work but yes - I would be a bit disappointed too.

She probably would want you to take the quilt to her and let her fix it to please you rather than for you to say nothing about it and be dissatisfied. When you take a quilt to be quilted by someone else, you'll be better satisfied with the result if you tell the quilter exactly what you want done. She'll have patterns to choose from and should let YOU decide how the quilt should be finished. You've put too much work (and money) into that pretty quilt to be unhappy with it. Good luck!

As a longarm quilter, I want my customers to be pleased with what I do for them. Did you talk to her about the quilting you wanted when you took it to her? I would suggest taking it back to her, telling her you are disappointed with the amount of quilting on this quilt and ask her to add more quilting to the quilt so it will hold together with the use it will get. She could do the same squiggly lines going in the opposite direction to make a grid which would help hold everything together. It is easy to put a quilt like this back on the frame and fix it.

Most of a quilter's advertising is word of mouth and if a quilter wants to stay in business, they need to listen to their customers and give them what they want. Personally, I would rather over-quilt a bit then to under-quilt a quilt. Please give your quilter a chance to rectify this situation. I've had a customer return a quilt that I just flat missed a corner of echo quilting on...I felt stupid, but immediately fixed it and now she brings all of her quilts to me to quilt. We want you to be happy with our work and your quilt, and if this was me, I would feel awful that you weren't happy and would want you to make me aware of your displeasure so I could make it better.

What a beautiful quilt. Your choice of colours is wonderful. I am only new at the quilting game but would look at getting extra quilting done to strengthen it so it could stand up to all the loving it's going to get.

A beautiful quilt, I wouldn't trust anyone to quilt my quilts. I quilt my own.

If there is less than a hand - width between each line of quilting it is quite adequate.If you over - quilt it will become quite stiff.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast