Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed, please help. >

Disappointed, please help.

Disappointed, please help.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:04 PM

Thanks everyone, I knew I'd get honest replys from you all. I hate confrontation, so I will do more quilting on it myself. Even if I have to hand do it. I just loved the prints, and it's reversable. The back has a panel that matches the fabric, so she can use either side. This won't be the last quilt I make her, so next time, hopefully I will have my own machine to do the quilting. Maybe even sooner than that. DH knows I want a new one, so keep your fingers crossed. I have 6 quilts to make for his grandchildren, so that might just help.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:05 PM

I got a quilt back from a long armer once and just sat and cried over it, took out all her quilting and later sent it to my sister who had just goten a LA and she did much better job~! will NEVER send another quilt to the one who did squiggles like on yours but 12 inchs apart!
Once you find some one you can trust your quilts to atick with then even if long turn around time. JMHO
Old 08-17-2010, 02:06 PM

If you have a good repoire with her, ask her to load it back on and maybe use those lines as a vine and add some leaves. It doesn't have to be a lot, just to fill in some of the open spaces. Let us know what you work out.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:08 PM

Another thought, I can see those lines as half a heart, maybe she could complete the other half.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by hcarpanini
Another thought, I can see those lines as half a heart, maybe she could complete the other half.
Those are both good ideas, I knew I'd get some ideas here. Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 02:42 PM

I wouldn't trust her to work on my quilt again either. Can you go with panini's idea and turn those into hearts? That would make it really pretty and should help it fill in. In fact it would completely fill it in as I look at it again. BTW it's beautiful.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:51 PM

I am a longarm quilter, and you are right it is very lgr. quilting. You might want to sid around the outside of the white block, then sid around the card trick blocks. I do not think this would destract from the exsisting quilting.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by M.I.Late
I wouldn't trust her to work on my quilt again either. Can you go with panini's idea and turn those into hearts? That would make it really pretty and should help it fill in. In fact it would completely fill it in as I look at it again. BTW it's beautiful.
Thank you, I'm not sure I can do the hearts to match what is there, but I probably could do the leaves. I'll have to keep thinking on it, and it will be perfect when I'm done with it. Or as close as I can get it to perfect.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Friendly Quilter
I am a longarm quilter, and you are right it is very lgr. quilting. You might want to sid around the outside of the white block, then sid around the card trick blocks. I do not think this would destract from the exsisting quilting.
Since she has used white thread, would you use white thread or clear? I have gotten so many good ideas.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:33 PM

I agree with this possible solution; quilting is evenly spaced but needs a little more for strength because a child's quilt will be washed quite often :roll: