Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disgusted, down right mad - quilt and cat >

Disgusted, down right mad - quilt and cat

Disgusted, down right mad - quilt and cat

Old 06-06-2012, 08:31 PM

With apologies to all you cat lovers.... this, besides my silly allergies, is why there are no cats in this house!! We had dogs for years and even that was bad with all their hair mixed in with the thread snippets on the floor. Now, we have no animals and that's just fine.... (except I do have to admit I miss our Lab sleeping under my cutting table while I sewed away....) The screen door on the sewing room sounds like a good idea...

JanTx - I hope you get your quilt fixed!! Maybe you'll see this as funny some day.... well, maybe not so much.....
Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 PM

My husband is the cat lover and ... I love my husband. When I married him 39 years ago he came complete with a cat. When his last cat died at age 16 I thought we were done with them, but we live in an rural area with a field across the road and ... in came the mice so back came a cat. This one... who is about to be reassigned to the garage! When the advice about piecing the batting I think I can contain the damage and move on.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:43 AM

So sorry to hear about this! I hope your quilt ends up okay.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:54 AM

What a mess..I would try to hand piece the same kind of batting into it. I gave. Friend a quilt to practice on with her new long am quilter, her husband shut the door of her sewing room with the cat inside..you know the rest of the story! And it was a Hummell embroidered quilt. I washed it but still have not completed the binding, thought it best to put it aside until I was over it! Things happen!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:00 AM

next time consider just soaking the area w/ Nature's Miracle - no need to throw in the washing. After soaking it, just set it out to dry.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:06 AM

Sorry to hear about your quilt. I understand about the cat. We have one and just yesterday I told (yelled at her) that she should find herself a new home. She didn't ruin a quilt (thank heaven) but she did yakk 4 times on the stairs and on my bedroom floor, the aoly areas in the house that are carpeted and not hardwood. She's banned from the craft room entirely.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:11 AM

I love my dog!! Actually have cats too, because of my children..Just found out that cats are very dangerous around people with lung disease, such as I have...I am so NOT heartbroken that we need to find them new homes...So sorry to hear about your quilt. I hope it all gets repaired as good as new....I am not sure if that was me if the cat would still be alive right now..
Old 06-07-2012, 04:27 AM

I use to work at a chemical company and I had cats pee on my carpet . They had me clean with pure ammonia then clean it with pure vinegar the purpose of the vinegar is to neutralize the ammonia. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:34 AM

sounds like your cat is mad and not getting enough attention or has a medical problem. I had a cat with liver tumers and she was peeing in the bathtub, and another cat hated my roommate (years ago) and peed all over her stuff. lol When I found she was in to the dark spirits she had to go (the room mate). my cat never did that to me.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 AM

Cats generally pee on things, to mark their territory. There are natural repellents you can use, to keep them out of gardens and such. Maybe you could make a few sachets, to hang around your quilting area.