Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Disgusted, down right mad - quilt and cat

My niece had a quilt ready to enter in a show and her cat threw up on it. Of course, that was the ONE time she did not prewash her fabrics. She had to remove and redo and barely finished in time for the show. Sometimes our furbabies are just too much trouble. The advice you have been given is good; use the fusible tape to fuse replacement batting in place.

How heart wrenching....currently do not have a cat, just a female dog who loves to lay on my pieces of I lay them on the floor or bed to decide on how I want my blocks to appear. Fabric that is valuable to us must have a specific pet-magnet scent to it.

Blog Entries
    When I was pregnant, one of my cats started peeing on my bed. The vet said it probably was in tune with my moods and hormones being wacky. I washed my bedding, and rehomed the cat. No regrets.
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

It's a female cat who had a litter of 6 on May 1 - so that may be part of the issue. I still think she's re-establishing her home base now that I'm home full time.
    So many quilts, so little time.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Prism99;5270485]You can cut piece batting into or around the edges by using quilt batting tape. Cut out any damaged batting, cut a piece to fit, and use the batting tape with an iron to fuse the edges together. That way you keep the batting type the same throughout. I would not try to mix fusible batting with Hobbs 80/20. I would just piece so it is all Hobbs 80/20.

if you don't have batting "tape" just use plain ol' sheer fusible interfacing..though really, you don't NEED either...just slip the batting in when you are in that area ready to quilt!

you did right washing right away...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3