Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which is disliked more by you? >

Which is disliked more by you?

Which is disliked more by you?

Old 04-01-2019, 10:25 AM

I absolutely hate cooking. There is 6 in this family and 3 are children and regardless of what I make for dinner someone doesn't like it. It is not fun trying to please everyone. I don't mind squaring up blocks at all. What really frustrates me is when I square up a block and don't have a 1/4" on the edges---drives me crazy!!!
Old 04-01-2019, 10:28 AM

228 blocks....yuck! I don’t usually square up anything except HST. Sandwiching is my nightmare. I keep thinking I should ask around in my guild with younger members to see if I could pay someone to do it for me.

i’m fortunate that my husband does most of the cleaning. He doesn’t dust much though. So our house is dusty.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
Cleaning Bthrms…
Making the big decision on to what's my next project and deciding on which fabrics

not to be nosy, lol...just helpful. If you make a thickish mixture of baking soda,
Dawn and peroxide, and put it on your shower and sink, they can be "scrubbing"
while you do the rest of the bathroom.
Then you can rinse off all that old soap scum etc. and have a nice clean bathroom.
I have fibromyalgia and have to find things that work for me .
Old 04-01-2019, 11:05 AM
Power Poster

I don't like dusting: allergic skin reactions, sneezing etc. etc. etc.!
I actually love squaring up blocks. It gives me such a satisfaction to
know it's accurate and ready for the next step.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:01 PM

Sorting and dealing with small leftovers pieces of fabric. I started trying to get my scrap bin(s) tamed this year and have made 150+ blocks and still have lots of scraps to deal with. I think they have babies when I am not looking.

Housework I think my least favorite is keeping the kitchen cleaned up.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:04 PM

Cleaning- the thing I dislike doing the most is dusting, followed by vacuuming.

I don't like hand stitching the binding to the back, or hand stitching the label on, or hand stitching the hanging sleeve on. That's about the only things I don't like when it comes to Quilting.

Rob
Old 04-01-2019, 12:17 PM

I'm right with you! Dusting is my least favorite house chore, and I hate squaring up blocks. I'm always in a hurry to start making rows to see what it will look like, and squaring up blocks takes so long. Like you, I always do it, though.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:57 PM

Um, lets see? Dusting, mopping, cleaning the bathrooms. Any cleaning. LOL I used to be really good at cleaning and then my hub and son came along. They didn't really care so much so I quit caring too. But my son recently moved out and I have got more interested in it again. Have been purging and want to do more of that. I don't mind sandwiching because I know it's not going to take long. FMQ kind of gets on my nerves because my sewing machine is on the smaller side. The worst is probably having to sew all those stupid pieces together. But I love quilting because I get a great sense of peace from it. I think each quilt is a work of art, machine or hand made, because no one else is ever going to make it exactly like you did.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:19 PM

I can't really complain about either chore, I square up as I go, and I don't dust. As we all know, we return to dust, and that dust on my shelves could be someone I know, so....
Old 04-01-2019, 02:27 PM

My least favorite quilting task is tearing off the paper when PP. I came across the freezer paper paper piecing method on Pinterest and have watched videos on YouTube, tried it yesterday so this pet peeve hopefully will go away. The rest of the process I do love.

As far as housekeeping.... emptying the dryer and taking care of it.