Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which is disliked more by you? >

Which is disliked more by you?

Which is disliked more by you?

Old 04-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

I hate mopping the kitchen floor. And it's white tile, with just enough off-white texture to make it look dirty even when it isn't.

I used to dislike sandwiching a quilt, which is one reason I got a longarm. Now there isn't a quilting job that I really dislike, but I do have a very hard time deciding what to make next. Once the next project is started, I'm okay until it's finished and another decision has to be made.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I can't really complain about either chore, I square up as I go, and I don't dust. As we all know, we return to dust, and that dust on my shelves could be someone I know, so....
This is really funny, my Husband and I got a good laugh.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

After 2 + years retired I hate to take the time away from quilting to clean. I still do a few jobs fairly often because I also hate dirt.

I love everything about quilt making.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I can't really complain about either chore, I square up as I go, and I don't dust. As we all know, we return to dust, and that dust on my shelves could be someone I know, so....

Omg, I needed that!!
Old 04-01-2019, 04:44 PM

I'm with GingerK.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:31 PM

I quilt because I enjoy it. There is nothing about quilting that I don't like. I love hand sewing the binding to the back. As far as cleaning, I believe everyone has their own idea of clean. I have a friend that I swear never uses anything in her house, it is so pristine. My house is lived in, but I do vacuum, dust, mop floors and clean bathrooms! I love my "things" and am not ready/willing to downsize or purge yet. My friend says my house looks like a museum, and loves coming here because of all the cool stuff. I display two signs. One says "My house was clean last week, sorry you missed it", and the other says "You can write in the dust, just don't date it."
Old 04-01-2019, 08:25 PM

I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of all the tchotchkes, because my son is a potter, and I never realized what a dusty mess it is! Its unreal! So, I think I'm going to make curtains for my bookcases, and put my very most favorite things in my deco curio cabinet with the glass doors, and get rid of everything else. It's just too much to deal with. You could even write in the dust with a date, and a few days later, you'd never even know.

As far as quilting, I think the part I don't like is the quilting, because I want to get the results of a longarm but I don't have one. So, There's that.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:06 PM

Just throwing it out there..... For you nonloving dusters, I discovered Swiffer dusters, OMG it changed my world, so much easier and they work. They might change your mind, maybe.

Oh. And BTW, this is a great thread.....

Last edited by Quiltah Mama; 04-01-2019 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 04-01-2019, 09:28 PM

Housework - folding clothes is the one I put off the longest. Quilting - pressing anything large such as uncut fabric, backings, and the finished quilt top in particular.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by TAMARATJO View Post
Sandwiching and mopping. Ugh
me too! Sewing the binding to the back is a close second. I've been avoiding that by mostly sewing my bindings by machine on both sides.