Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dispelling Myths about Quilts of Valor >

Dispelling Myths about Quilts of Valor

Dispelling Myths about Quilts of Valor

Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Thank you for saying what I have been thinking all morning. The misunderstanding certainly needed a thorough explanation such as yours. A little understanding goes a long way.
My brother was wounded while serving in Saudi Arabia. He went on to serve in Baghdad and Germany. He continues to serve stateside as a civilian. I shudder to think that what all these men and women of our armed forces have done for us, to be given a QOV and then have the quilt not last the rest of their lives. There is meaning behind those quilts. Their memories will last a lifetime, the quilts are a means of comfort and should help get them through it all. May God Bless all the wonderful people for their time and talents to a worthy cause.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by rdorminy
Thanks for your explanation. I'm sorry my question got out of hand. I just wanted to know what was wrong with the SID quilting method. I didn't think about the different sizes of blocks, etc. It all makes sense now. Thanks again.
I'm glad I could clear things up some. You just asked a question, nothing wrong with that :wink: . The QOV guidelines could have been clearer, but there is already so much information on their website that they were probably trying to simplify things.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for the explaination and thanks to all those who have worked to comfort and honor our soldiers!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:28 AM

Thank you!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:39 PM

I hope the people who need this info read it.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Delilah
I still think I would prefer to give my quilts to Soldier's Angels. They do much more for our warriors than give quilts. http://soldiersangels.org/index.php?...ankets-of-hope
I just went on the site and how wonderful that even children can contribute! I'm joining right away.Thank you so much for this info...I'll pass it on to my quilting guild, group, and buddies :thumbup:
Old 08-10-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by AndiR
Originally Posted by rdorminy
Thanks for your explanation. I'm sorry my question got out of hand. I just wanted to know what was wrong with the SID quilting method. I didn't think about the different sizes of blocks, etc. It all makes sense now. Thanks again.
I'm glad I could clear things up some. You just asked a question, nothing wrong with that :wink: . The QOV guidelines could have been clearer, but there is already so much information on their website that they were probably trying to simplify things.
Actually, the information and explanations *are* all on the site; the specific url cited is to a page that is a just a quick summary of the guidelines. I think that page is meant to be a quick reference sheet for people who know the general reasons but just need a quick answer to a speicific question about design, materials, etc.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady
Originally Posted by Delilah
I still think I would prefer to give my quilts to Soldier's Angels. They do much more for our warriors than give quilts. http://soldiersangels.org/index.php?...ankets-of-hope
I just went on the site and how wonderful that even children can contribute! I'm joining right away.Thank you so much for this info...I'll pass it on to my quilting guild, group, and buddies :thumbup:
You just made my day! Woohoo!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:11 PM

Thanks for the extra info...the QOV is a great program...and I feel its the least I can do...
Old 08-11-2011, 04:15 AM

Thank you for clarifying very valid reasons.