Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do the colors in your stash match your personality? >

Do the colors in your stash match your personality?

Do the colors in your stash match your personality?

Old 11-27-2020, 10:17 AM

I have a lot of obnoxiously bright, wild colors, including some burn-your-retinas neon... oh my...
Old 11-27-2020, 11:40 AM

Mine absolutely match who I am! Turquois, teals and greens. Somehow I am very light on blues and am not a blue person. I am a scrappy person and my large stash reflects this very well.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:14 PM

Although I love bright and not so much "earthtone", I still have 2 very large drawers of browns, 1 very large drawer of beige, no "civil war" colors. LOL I don't know about matching my personality though, I'm a pretty quiet person and not particularly "sociable", but do have a few friends.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:33 PM

oh, yes--mostly brights and lots of blenders.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:18 AM

Well, my kitchen has blue granite! I give directions to my house ending in, "It's the house with the blue gate!" I'm trying to branch out from making blue quilts... I like designing "out of the box" quilts.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:07 AM

My stash does reflect me. I have a lot of blues and green, mostly small prints, not fond of the flashy bright larger prints . Re-organized my stash a month or so ago and realized that I didn't have many pinks/corals at all, so I stocked up on them. I do love the cheddars to go with blues, red, greens but only have a few of them. My solid neutrals are running low also. Hope husband gives me a gift card for Christmas, as it looks like I need to shop a little more!
Old 11-28-2020, 05:00 AM

This is an interesting topic. I have lots of slightly muted versions of jewel tones and darker calico prints. (Think Kansas Troubles.) I love black and have a supply of prints with black as the background. I have to make myself buy browns or grey, yuck and double yuck!.(I don't wear them either.) I have an over abundance of blues and pinks. The most glaring missing color family is brights or the beautiful bright/brilliants such as Kaffe Fassett fabrics that are admired but do not live in my stash.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

I love Kaffe fabrics and have some but I am always stumped at how to use them. I don't think I'm very creative lol
Old 11-28-2020, 08:21 AM

I am usually a quiet person, but I love loud colors.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:32 AM

Seems like I have a little of all of it. I love bright colors but I'm always pleased when I complete a quilt in earth tones or softer colors. l think the pattern of the fabrics speaks as loudly as the color as to my personality.