Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do the colors in your stash match your personality? >

Do the colors in your stash match your personality?

Do the colors in your stash match your personality?

Old 11-27-2020, 04:50 AM

Default Do the colors in your stash match your personality?

I have mostly loud very little quiet fabric. Spent a lot of time pulling fabrics for log cabin and realized I have lots of loud/bright fabric but very little quiet/subdue colors. Even looking at the backs...nope. So plan B for sewing. I should have remembered this problem because when I was making a tumbling baby block quilt had darks and med but no lights. Solved the problem by going shopping.

Old 11-27-2020, 05:19 AM

Absolutely!

The major fabric colors are tropical blue, aqua, salmon pinks in my fabric closet. There may be a couple of browns but you would have to search for them. Last week the LQS clerk tried to fit a rust fabric into the mix. It stayed at the shop. LOL.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:22 AM

No, but they do match my house decor...vintage cabin, vintage prints and muted colors. However, I have a liking for turquoise and water colors, so those are also in there.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:24 AM

I have a lot of reds, yellows and greens which are my favorite colors. I use thes colors throughout my home and in my quilting which means all work well with my decor. I use other colors when gifting If they use other colors.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:51 AM

Earth tones are my favorites. Thimbleberries is a favorite of mine.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:05 AM

I have pretty much all the colors but not so many of the dull browns. Bright, wild colors are my favorite so of course I have many of those. I do keep lots of neutrals around such as whites, cremes, greys and blacks.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:06 AM

I have have everything from muted neutrals (how my house is done in) to bold and bright batiks and Kaffe Fasset. Quilting to me is like food and music, it just depends on my mood.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Same here. But my favorite colors are pink and blue so I probably have a lot more of them. The only colors I don't use
are orange, purple, and brown. But I have a little orange in some bundles that I like.
I don't work much with black either, although I think it's look striking in a quilt. It bothers my eyes and I have really good eyesight.
I don't like purple in anything except maybe flowers.

My tastes have changed a lot in the last few years. I'm getting into a lot more modern than traditional in my quilting these days. It's all good!

Re Thimbleberries- I love them!!! Wish they hadn't gone out of business.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:00 AM

I used to buy muted tones ...like thimbleberries....but lately, I am getting bright colors. maybe just getting tired of northern minnesota winters....long and dark...need a bit of sunshine.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

I have all colors and use them all, sometimes all at once. I never could understand how someone could have just one favorite color.