Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do the colors in your stash match your personality? >

Do the colors in your stash match your personality?

Do the colors in your stash match your personality?

Old 11-28-2020, 08:55 AM

I would say it does reflect "me". I love the earth tones, and fall colors, especially sage green. Love Thimbleberry style, Kim Diehl fabrics, civil war reproductions and small prints. I'm not a solids fan, or bright colors either. My stash does seem tomirror my wardrobe also. Maybe I'm just a creature of habit!
Old 11-28-2020, 09:05 AM

I don't know about matching my personality. It definitely isn't colors I would look good in (which would be brighter). For whatever reason, I don't find much interest in working with bright, pure colors. I'm drawn to the rich Civil War tones, and to the feeling of the past that those busy little prints evoke.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:08 PM

If my stash reflects my personality then I am all over the place!

I love jewel tones and earth tones if we're just talking about favourite colours (and my clothes tend towards earth tones), but I use all colours in my quilting as I see fit.

Currently I would be red and gold Christmas fabric

Old 11-28-2020, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
I have have everything from muted neutrals (how my house is done in) to bold and bright batiks and Kaffe Fasset. Quilting to me is like food and music, it just depends on my mood.
Yep! Depends on my mood. And that changes while I'm shopping. I like so much, it costs a lot to get everything I like. And my stash has gotten out of hand. Currently downsizing.
My favorite color is green: natures neutral. My other favorite neutral is grey, on the green side. Someone said a favorite of green means a changeable personality. Yep, that's me, multi-faceted, not multi personallities. I'm altogether 1 person.
More important than color to me, is value contrast. When shopping, I make a cruise of the store looking specifically for very light and very dark. It's easy to pick out pretties to buy. When making a quilt I always include dark and light, so I use these up first. The pretties often sit on the shelf.

Last edited by petthefabric; 11-28-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
My stash does reflect me. I have a lot of blues and green, mostly small prints, not fond of the flashy bright larger prints . Re-organized my stash a month or so ago and realized that I didn't have many pinks/corals at all, so I stocked up on them. I do love the cheddars to go with blues, red, greens but only have a few of them. My solid neutrals are running low also. Hope husband gives me a gift card for Christmas, as it looks like I need to shop a little more!
I'm with you, need to shop.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:46 PM

I have a lot of colors, but I probably do have more coral and soft reds. The only blues I can tolerate are batiks and aqua blue.