Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do "Real Quilters" Do This?

Yes!
    Mary

Yep, that sounds about right! It is soooooooooo addicting! It is wonderful!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Don't say no to any quilt pleasures! You'll regret not making time to enjoy your me time. I go once a month to Barnes and Nobels to catch up on all the new issues of quilt magazines. I take day trips to quilt and fabric stores that are two hours away. I pick a national quilt show once a year and go spend the whole show days. Paducah is usually my first choice. Sometimes Houston. I go to on every outing my guild members decide to do. I go to quilt 3-4 day quilt retreats twice a year. This year I'm going to three! I organize a community quilt show once a year. I seldom say no I can't go or do something quilt related. One day I may have to say no, I can't do it, I'm too ill, old, or housebound, but I'll have my memories of all the times I did go.
    Got fabric?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    yes, and even some "fake" quilter's too..hehehe

I hope your DH is as interested in your new obsession as mine is. No objections to fixing his own meals when i'm busy. No complaints that I sew in every room of the house except the bedroom and bathrooms.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Blog Entries
    Yes. My daughter is a scrapbooker. When I shop with her I always look for paper that would make beautiful fabric. I actually did buy a large 12x12 pad of coordinating paper by Debbie Mum that matched fabric by her. I know what I'm doing with the fabric, don't know what I'll do with the paper.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Blog Entries
    I also am a quilter (she says tongue in cheek). I was given a cross stitch Christmas Quilt to sew. The kit came with the top, the embroidery thread, the batting, the needle and the thread for quilting. Also, this is neat -- dots on the fabric that tells me where I put the needle in and where I pull it out when I hand quilt the quilt!!!! The sewing machine is put away (except for mending) and I have been totally absorbed in getting this done - There are like 23 different colors and I am on the third color - "Merry Christmas" is in three shades of red!!!!!! I have been working on it for about two years now, but not as aggressively as I have been this summer. I sit outside and sew and listen to an audio book!!!! Am I still a quilter????? Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Welcome to quilting!

Welcome to the world of quilting. Have fun.

Blog Entries
    Yup - you're one of us! and don't forget to start looking at mosaic tile floors for design inspiration, and picking up color charts at the paint store and the library has a great selection of quilting books.....and.....and.....
    Last edited by paulswalia; 06-24-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Welcome to the wonderful, beautiful, world of quilting!

Blog Entries
    We are all sisters in sewing. The true melting pot.

Now you know how the rest of us feel.

Senior Member Karen's Kreations's Avatar
    Yup, you've officially joined the ranks! Congratulations and enjoy.

Absolutely!

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, And YES LOL Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by elaray View Post
    for over 40 years, i'm sewn garments. Then, i took my first quilting class two years ago. I made a small sampler in the class and three full size quilts since then. I think i'm developing the heart of of quilter. I'm becoming as obsessed about quilting as i am about garment sewing. Here's the evidence:

• i recently took my two young nieces to barnes & noble. I went immediately to the needlework section and looked at more quilting books than sewing books. (of course, i already have dozens of sewing books)
    • my nieces had to drag me away from the quilting magazines.
    • i spend too much time online at sites like fat quarter shop and keepsake quilting looking at fabric.
    • i search online for independent fabric stores and quilting shops to visit whenever i'm in a new place.
    • i have more ideas than time (or skill) to carry them out.
    • i'm planning quilts for the nieces mentioned above, even though they probably will have to wait years to get them. I'm also wondering who else i can give a quilt to.

so, tell me, do real quilters do all these things?
    omg !!! Your me!!!

Oh yes, 'real' quilters do all that and more. I haven't made a quilt for our bed yet, I'm so busy doing quilts for others. I have made a promise to myself that OUR quilt will get made this year!

I'm new in this quilt world just started this year. But I do feel like that so many thing going throw my head all the kinds I wont to make lol. I have made on and going to save it to remember all the thing I did wrong on it. I have been reading this board for month now love all the thing I have read.

Blog Entries
    ab-sew-lutely!!!!

'Fraid so!!

Blog Entries
    Well there is no cure for this particular bug bite and Welcome to rehab

Absolutely!

You are for sure a quilter, and isn't it grand? My friend and I have lunch every Monday, and I am always steering her to one quilt shop or another. We also hit Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Hancock's and any place else that has fabric, notions or anything quilt related. I never thought about Barnes and Noble, but think we may just have to check that out tomorrow. Thanks for the information.

Yes and they buy fabric they don't need because you never know when you may need it and every now and then they go thru their stash of fabric and talk to it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast