Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you consider thread a notion?? >

Do you consider thread a notion??

Do you consider thread a notion??

Old 08-02-2010, 05:08 AM

All you have to say at Joanns is that Michaels takes Joanns coupons on anything. Everybody is fighting for business and Joanns will do almost anything to keep a customer.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:40 AM

Just checked on QCA and it is $44.95 for a year. I am thinking about it. You get so many free patterns but how many can I make? I just love to look at the patterns. Will think about it for a day or so. Thanks for info
Old 08-02-2010, 05:54 AM

I used to sew clothes for myself and later for my girls. I seem to remember on the back of a pattern there was listed under Notions all the different things needed for the project; for instance, 22 in. zipper, hemming lace, buttons, etc. These were items used in this project. Not your constant items you always have such as sissors, measuring tape, etc. I don't remember whether thread was listed but I would consider it a notion.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by fancifrock
Just checked on QCA and it is $44.95 for a year. I am thinking about it. You get so many free patterns but how many can I make? I just love to look at the patterns. Will think about it for a day or so. Thanks for info
I guess I got in and signed up early before the price went up. I get access to a few on-line quilting shows, a magazine subscription, dvd's, and other stuff I can't remember just now. I haven't had chance to spend time with the quilting shows (maybe I SPEND TOO MUCH TIME HERE!! lol), but using the Joann's card already recovered my investment. For those who would make the most of the on-line quilting shows and the Joann's card, as well as enjoying the magazine, it sounds like even at the increased price it might be worth it. I'm glad I got in early!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

thread is a notion to me also!