Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You Do a Quilt Journal ? >

Do You Do a Quilt Journal ?

Do You Do a Quilt Journal ?

Old 01-14-2014, 03:39 PM

Smile Do You Do a Quilt Journal ?

I just saw a post by:
Lori Kennedy@ TheInboxJaunt.com

in which she has ideas on doing a journal of all the quilts, tabletoppers, etc she has made in the past or wants to make. She talks of how the history and stories behind each quilt is most often forgotten, even by the maker, so it's important to keep a diary. This week she gave ideas for the actual book and all the sub-categories to include. Next week she will have more insights. I began thinking of all the quilts I've made, when they were started & finished, where they are now and was totally amazed at how many I have done. It also gives us, the quilters, a way of seeing how we have progressed in our sewing, designing, quilting etc.

Maybe you already do a journal but I'm going to sit down and try to get my brain working on this.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Don't know you would call it a quilt journal but, I have swatches of material and pattern that are in sheet protectors for the quilts I'm working on. These are in a binder with dates and ideas of how to quilt it, tie, hand or machine.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM

There have been a couple of threads here on this subject in the not too distant past. I start each quilt pretty much with great intentions of doing so but never seem to keep up with it!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

I'd rather be working on a quilt than writing about one.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:28 PM

There have been a couple of threads here on this subject in the not too distant past. I start each quilt pretty much with great intentions of doing so but never seem to keep up with it!

NJ Quilter.....you are right and I apologize for bringing it up, again. I was so excited to have all the information that Lori provided all in one place and documented so well. I need to check these things before I get keyboard happy ! It is a cool site, though !
Old 01-14-2014, 05:54 PM

I take photos of my quilt and on the back of each photo include info such as recipient and date. Have a small photo album that is just for the quilts I have made. For 2014 the pics and info will become part of My Project Life album.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:05 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Nanny- thats a great idea...

I just post to my fb account no info just date finished and if it went to someone.. Most of mine are made to have ready then hand out when i need one to give away.. So there is no real story behind any of mine.. Just another quilt in the life of a scrap quilter..
Old 01-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

I keep a list of all my quilts,comforters,and Biscuits quilts and how I quilted them. Whether I tied (all the comforters and biscuit quilts), hand quilted or machine quilted. I make a note of the colors and/or who got them. I have pictures of them as of 2008 until now on my computer, mostly on my personal computer here at work. I only label a few of them that I have given away.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:59 PM

I'm doing good to remember just to take pictures. LOL
Old 01-15-2014, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
I'm doing good to remember just to take pictures. LOL
Plus it would scare me as to how many UFO's I had started years ago, still not finshed or sometime (well maybe more offen) I start several projects/quilts at the same time...lol