Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you ever feel like your constantly changing your sewing room around? >

Do you ever feel like your constantly changing your sewing room around?

Do you ever feel like your constantly changing your sewing room around?

Old 10-25-2011, 04:25 AM

You need to stop shopping and make some quilts. I never rearrange... I'd never find my stuff. However, I also couldn't work with so much clutter. Get to work... We can all come over and have a quilting party. I've got cake!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:36 AM

When I re-organized my sewing room, I was shocked at how many pair of scissors and rotary cutters I had. So all notions are now in labeled drawers. This makes it easier to put things away because I know exactly where to find them.

And fabrics? I took them out of bins, wrapped them around those comic book dividers and sorted by color. Fabrics now live in a closet with shelves, and I haven't bought fabric since I reorganized. I've finished 2 projects and was able to find exactly what I needed without spending a cent.

I'm not organized or neat by nature, but this organization effort really helped me. It's amazing how much space you can gain.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:40 AM

Oh I just wish I had those plastic totes full of fabric!!! ha ha ha
Being a newbie, it's taking me forever to build my stash.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:43 AM

Sounds like you need to have a sale, reduce and thin out some of your stuff. Get organized, a place for everything and everything in its place. I have a small bedroom for my sewing room, so organization is important, if its not related to sewing its not in my sewing room. If you need to reduce your stash theres plenty of quilters here to help you.
Give me directions and I'll be over to help you, I'm great at organization. :lol:
Old 10-25-2011, 04:46 AM

I found a number of multiple items when reorganizing too.. now use a rotating organizer for office on my work table... keeps all scissors, rotary cutters,markers, etc at easy reach..
what are comic book dividers?
[quote=terrilee]When I re-organized my sewing room, I was shocked at how many pair of scissors and rotary cutters I had. So all notions are now in labeled drawers. This makes it easier to put things away because I know exactly where to find them.

And fabrics? I took them out of bins, wrapped them around those comic book dividers and sorted by color. Fabrics now live in a closet with shelves,
Old 10-25-2011, 05:16 AM

While I think we would all agree that that stash is magnificent, you really do need to do some serious donating. Lots of groups/ individuals would love ome of your excess supplies. I did a big clear out several years ago and I feel do much better. I kept the stuff I think I will actually use, and the salvation army craft sale had a big windfall.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:26 AM

I try not to reorganize. I'd never find things and that drives me nuts. As my quilting room is also where I sleep I try to keep it tidy. Can't work in a mess. As long as I can find stuff I'm happy. (It used to be called my bedroom)
Have recently put a flea in DH's ear about having a studio built in back yard(plenty of room). We live in a 2 bedroom doll's house but it is ours and I'm grateful for the roof over my head.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:01 AM

Start using the fabric you have and make quilts, bags, placemats etc. Use the FABRIC!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Texaspeggy
I could help you dispose of some of that fabric also....
Me too!! :lol: :lol:

Wish I had a sewing room to move around! :(
Old 10-25-2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
Yes just send boxes of fabric my way and i will take care of it for you
I second that idea!