Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you ever feel like your constantly changing your sewing room around? >

Do you ever feel like your constantly changing your sewing room around?

Do you ever feel like your constantly changing your sewing room around?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:06 AM

Yes yes and that is because I am always trying to fit in one or two more items, and finding ways to rearrange to fit. Of course I forget where things are and then have to search which once I find what I lost, I have to move things so that I know where to find it. AND SO ON! Its endless!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:21 AM

Looks like you could open a fabric store. I envy your space.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:48 AM

Yep, and that's one room I don't mind cleaning because I get to pet all my fabrics LOL.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Just Fabric
I have so....much stuff, an I am constantly re-organizing, although the fabric stays put, its all the other stuff to find places for, as you can see by my picture I have the entire top floor for sewing, 2 plus bedrooms and an open concept room which is used for my cutting table, smaller table for one of my sewing machines (one bedroom is my bedroom), the other is kinda a guest-just a full size bed in there surrounded by more fabric an bins, I have run out of wall space, any suggestions would be helpful.
There comes a time & a place where too much is too much because I have had to do this. Have a fellow quilter come over & restart to organize BUT has to get done. I would suggest donating what items you want to give up to a church. Our does Project Linus & Utility quilts & we're always asking for donations to help with the costs, maybe some place around you would appreciate this & you would know it is going to a good cause. Sometimes we can't use what is given & that goes to Good Will so all in all every one is satisfied & it'll be a good feeling that you done this. :)
Old 10-25-2011, 12:31 PM

Wonderful space! Maybe it's time to buy less and sew more to make a dent (tiny) in your stash.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:44 PM

Just Fabric,

Yes, I'm always changing my sewing room around! I like change. I sure don't have the fabrics you do, but sure wish I did.......

You should have a BIG sale! Take some pictures, price, post and then sit back and watch the money come in! I'm sure there would be lots of ladies on here, me too, that would love to take some of your fabrics off your hands. Just in time for Christmas too......
Old 10-25-2011, 12:50 PM

Thanks everyone, I see everyone kinda has the same problems as me. I originally had a 5 bedroom house as each kid moved out I got an extra bedroom for my sewing stuff, then the worst happened, my income changed an I lost the house, I literally had 20 or more trash bags set out on the lawn filled with fabric,(first I had a fabric sale-sold some) but still way too much an I put free fabric on the bags, so sad to let it all go, but I left an went to the store when I came back it was all gone. The next place I rented a 3 bedroom, an had a sewing room, then the owners sold the house an I had to move again only after being there a year, an I ended up in a 2 bedroom upper, but I still had my fabric an then some. Then I started looking for another place after 5.5 yrs. at the 2-bedroom place, I started dating this guy an he said he would find a place an I could be the owner of my own fabric store, (the place I live now has a 4 plus bedroom house with the basement above ground-where the store was suppose to be, although we broke up an the store went out the window, so I am just working on fixing part of the basement now to teach sewing lessons and maybe another spot for my fabric! I have lots of generous people bestow there fabric collections on me and I find fabric everywhere, goodwill, rummage an estate sales- I am addicted! Do they have Fabrics annonamous?
Old 10-25-2011, 01:19 PM

When I was married my sewing room was 12'x16'. Now it's 10'x10'. I sure miss that extra space :(
Old 10-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

Yes, I just moved everything around. NOW, I have to get everything organized.....
Old 10-25-2011, 01:23 PM

LOLOLOL...yes.. you mean like attempting to CLEAN IT?....