Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a list for 2019? >

Do you have a list for 2019?

Do you have a list for 2019?

Old 12-06-2018, 10:18 AM

OMG I live in SW MI, only 1 hr from Shipshewanna. I didn't know Bonnie's having a retreat there!!!! Any more information? When, where, sign up?[/QUOTE]

It happens in November and opens for registration in January according to the e-mail I got. It's Sentimental Stitches. http://sentimentalstitches.net/ They seem to do several retreats a year in Shipshee, this will be my first ever! I plan on stalking their web site so I can sign up as soon as they post it! So where are you at in SW MI? I grew up in Edwardsburg.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:21 AM

I am planning on starting Christmas projects in the summer so I will get them done by Christmas! Don't think I'm going to get it all done this year
Old 12-06-2018, 12:58 PM

Your list is so ambitious I get tired reading it. I'm up for planning one thing at a time for a change. First will be finishing the one I was working on when I got sidetracked by Christmas projects. It's a churn dash king size for our bed. I probably won't look at it again until January. I hope I can remember what I was trying to do!
Old 12-06-2018, 04:20 PM

My plan for 2019 is to finish the quilting on my black NY Beauty, do a major (for me) collage project and start on a quilt that I am currently collecting fabrics for.
I will also plan to participate in some of Judy's Mystery quilts and get to work on the (much larger than I thought) pile of UFO's I discovered when I sorted out my stash recently. Although I am not putting a moratorium on buying fabric, I am going to try harder to use what I already have.

Watson
Old 12-06-2018, 06:06 PM

I know that I will be spending January & February making clothes and diapers for the new grandbaby that is due in February. After that, I will hopefully go back into quilting mode.

As far as specific projects go, my random sized strip bin is overflowing, so I want to make at least one string quilt. I have a set of Noah's Ark embroidery designs I am itching to use in a quilt for the grandbaby. Two projects I probably won't finish, but want to make serious dents in, are my 365 quilt and my Dear Jane.

Most importantly, I will continue with my moratorium, and use what I have. The ultimate goal is to have all my stash and UFOs all down to one bookshelf. And, I want to keep working on trimming my scraps down into precuts for L/E projects. I'd like to get at least 6 projects out of the UFO bin and turn them into finished quilts. I'd like to say I will make myself finish two UFOs before I start a new project, but that probably won't happen. I'm still going to try though!
Old 12-06-2018, 09:50 PM

In 2019, I hope to finish the projects I've bought over the years and do more charity quilts. Plan not to buy anything more. Wish and pray I can do that!
Old 12-07-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
My biggie for 2019 is something I have been looking forward to for some time. Bonnie Hunter will be in Shipshewana in late 2019. That's only eleven miles from me. I got busy and finished the top for Allietare, it was one of my UFOs, and on this board I found a long armer. Then I can be in the Show and Tell. It's not Bonnie Hunter colors, they are totally different.

Then for the rest of the year, I hope to quit buying more fabric and complete more UFOs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604833[/ATTACH]

Wow! What a beautiful, gorgeous, colorful, altogether appealing quilt! I love everything about this quilt! From the colors to the pattern to the size!
Old 12-07-2018, 11:06 AM

Forgot to mention earlier that I also have to finish the Kaffe Fassett mystery quilt. I have about 1/2 the blocks done. Christmas gifts put it on hold til after the 1st of the year.

Last edited by gramajo; 12-07-2018 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-07-2018, 12:58 PM

My word! Really organized and ambitious people here. Way to go! I made a goal for 2018 to complete 3 quilts a month, some from UFOs and some new. I made that goal by joining a prayer quilt group and in December, a quilts for the homeless group. The latter quilts are very simple -- 10-1/2" squares in a 6 x 7 grid.

BUT I still have 5 or 6 UFOs that didn't get finished so I'm transferring them to 2019. In addition I plan to complete at least 2 quilts a month for the prayer quilt group. In addition to finishing my own quilts I also quilt the ones made by the other members on the Bailey home quilter. But I don't really count them into my totals. Whoops! I guess I just joined the ambitious group, didn't I?
Old 12-07-2018, 03:32 PM

My goals, besides getting UFO's outta here, are:

1. to try 3 techniques that are new to me (curved piecing, setting on point, and hand quilting)
2. to make a quilt for someone in my family who'd appreciate it (short list at the moment).
3. to continue doing charity quilts
4. to maybe join a sew-in group (not a high priority but something worth trying)
5. to take a class in something that interests me (bag making, machine applique, an aforementioned technique)

As far as a set number of quilts, I'll say 8. I'm not a fast quilter, and I am sandwiched between caring for my daddy and spending time with new grandbabies, plus heading into the last year and a half of my son's high school career, not to mention methodically downsizing our own house. If I make my goals too lofty, I will feel defeated. If I set them too low, I will regret wasting time on stuff I already waste time on (computer, mostly...I say as I type this. LOL)