Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a list for 2019? >

Do you have a list for 2019?

Do you have a list for 2019?

Old 12-06-2018, 05:33 AM

[QUOTE=SuziSew;8171484]
Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
My biggie for 2019 is something I have been looking forward to for some time. Bonnie Hunter will be in Shipshewana in late 2019. That's only eleven miles from me. I got busy and finished the top for Allietare, it was one of my UFOs, and on this board I found a long armer. Then I can be in the Show and Tell. It's not Bonnie Hunter colors, they are totally different.

That look fabulous! I'm planning on Bonnie's retreat too and I'm going to try to get my En Provence done by then. If it turns out half as good as yours I'll be happy.
OMG I live in SW MI, only 1 hr from Shipshewanna. I didn't know Bonnie's having a retreat there!!!! Any more information? When, where, sign up?
Old 12-06-2018, 06:02 AM

I don’t have a list of will-do projects, but I have noted some like-to projects! Until this January I hadn’t quilted anything larger than tote bags for 2-3 years, but I really got motivated when I found some fabric pieces cut & pinned together in pairs in a box of my mom’s things. I put those together in blocks then in a quilt, which I finished fairly quickly. Then it was like I had quilting fever! In 2018 I started & finished 5 more quilts, 2 art wall hangings, 2 table runners, & 6 placemats. Whew! All that with no plans to quilt anything. The only thing I’m working on now is completing my daughter’s UFO. She had a stroke in April & no longer feels joy from quilting. She had all the blocks done so I’ve put them together & am in the process of quilting it. Once that’s finished, along with the binding, I’ll look at the saved pins on my quilt board on Pinterest & decide on my next project.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:32 AM

I joined a “Slash your stash” club and I did get a bit more organized. My stash is still LARGE though. Here is what I have decided to do again in 2019:

January will be dedicated to cleaning up my scraps. Last year it took me into February to get that completed. I made donation quilts from those scraps and loved how they turned out.

I don’t have a lot of UFO’s but I do have a lot of kits. Some are purchased but most are put together by me! I finish the top before I do the next one. House rule. Lol. I have a lot of kits for small quilts and really need to get them done. I love making them and quilting them. I hope I get those all done in2019. Where is Rumplestiltskin when you need him? Sigh
Old 12-06-2018, 06:53 AM

Since I didn't finish my 2018 Wish List I guess trying to finish those projects already started which means to finish quilting the quilt still sitting on the frame since September, the 3 quilts I started at the quilt retreat in September, 2 quilts for the spare bedroom, the quilt I started at the March quilt retreat, 2 toilet seat covers (embroideries and fabric quilted), smoker cover (embroidery done) and finally start on the quilt for my own bed. Yes, my bed has yet to see its own quilt cause my name has never been drawn from the basket. Sad, yes I know. If I can just get half of this done next year I'll be happy.............all would put me over the moon.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:05 AM
Suz

Kitsie, please share the quilt pattern you saw for your inspiartion.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Suz

I do not have a list per se, but I know in my head that I have to finish a lot of projects before I can anything new. BUT it is so hard not to look to something new.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:28 AM

Sewingitalltogether and Iceblossom, I envy your enthusiasm and list of projects. Cheryl, I hope your neck recovery is successful so you can do the things you enjoy. Countrymaid, I have recently (semi) retired and it feels strange...there are days I feel guilty about being in my sewing room, almost like you’re playing hooky from school but I love it!

I make a list the first of each year and I do find it helpful to keep on track. I had listed 4 or 5 UFO’s to complete for 2018 and only have 2 left that need quilting, On Ringo Lake and my Gypsy Wife but I am hoping to finally have my own longarm by the end of 2018 (which I have yearned for about 3 years).

The only project I didn’t get to on my 2018 list is a Doug Leko pattern...I haven’t picked which one as he has many wonderful ones to chose from. I took a class with him about 4 years ago and he is coming back to Maine July 2019. Like Rob, it seems other projects sneak into our sewing rooms...sometimes unexpectedly. I made a T-shirt quilt for my mom’s 75th birthday and I participated in the Riley Blake “Meet the Makers” sew along so I will now have that to add to my 2019 UFO list. I’m looking forward to 2019 and hope to get many things accomplished!
Old 12-06-2018, 07:46 AM

I have some quilts tops that I have made with the intention of ruler quilting them. I also have many unfinished projects.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

Another non list person here...I hate to be pressured to finish something...I like my own pace when I sew.

Like many of you I have stash to reduce and would like to get quilts made from stash as I finish my UFO's. Currently want to finish the Queen sized quilt I'm working on before Christmas. I'm also working on the Burgoyne Surrounded QAL here on the board. From there on I just sew as I go.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

No list but will continue to donate fabrics I will not be using. DGD is getting AG doll so think clothes and shoes for her dolly will be in order. Will continue doing my crafts that I sell all year. Busy, Busy