Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have what it takes to be a young modern quilter?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey
    I want one so bad for quilting, I think I was just talking to Pam about it. I am thinking a quilt square with "Stichin' N Bitchin"! That would sooo be me! Pam, hows that nipple doing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ditter43
    NO!!! I am way too old to be a young modern quilter..If my wrinkles were seams, I'd be a crazy quilt!!! :cry:

Ditter
    My husbands grandmother fought off breast cancer, the weekend after she was given the all clear she went and got a tattoo on her shoulder it is a butterfly. Now every time my husband gets a new tattoo she talkes about getting another one. She is an active 65 year old! Your never to old to try something new. lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nlgh
    I guess I'm old=fashioned. I don't understand why anyone would want something so permanent as a tattoo. The way God made us is good enough for me.
    I have 3 tattoos. Mine are a permanent reminder of all the hard work I've put into recovering from a very tramatic childhood. The damage was permanent, so I want a permanent record so I don't forget that I have self worth. I drew all of my tattoos so they are very personal to me, and for me. But I realize that not everyone feel the same way that I do.

tmg
    YUCK! I.m not old yet but even when I was younger I have never liked them.

Tatts - you either love them or hate them! Those are great, thanks for showing the site.

Years and years ago, somewhere in the middle ages, LOL (as I am that old) in my career as a RN, I worked in an operating room. A woman came in for back surgery and as we turned her over, I saw butterflies tatooted on her gluteus maximus, (maximii?) both cheeks. I was fascinated by this whatever the reason and, whatever my fantasy was at the time so I went out and got one something like it--only one side though. For years and years, no one knew my secret, except for my husband. I am far far ahead of these younguns today- so there-further, I have the advantage of having an identifying mark in case I can't find my way home one of these days

Lyn
    I have 3 tattoos. Mine are a permanent reminder of all the hard work I've put into recovering from a very tramatic childhood. The damage was permanent, so I want a permanent record so I don't forget that I have self worth. I drew all of my tattoos so they are very personal to me, and for me. But I realize that not everyone feel the same way that I do.[/quote]

My daughter drew her own. Our family has had some close calls healthwise and so she has them as her good luck charms for us. They are very pretty and have a lot of meaning.
    I had a tough childhood and have now almost realized I am a good person. Good luck with your life.

off lurking for a moment, thanks for this link! made me laugh. my daughter and SIL have ink (tatoos) and I might eventually get one based on the names of my grandbabies (Phoenix and Aurora) assuming I have enough skin left without wrinkles! SIL loves skulls and Dez (daughter) likes Goth type stuff so I have been playing around with (a lot!) of changes to a Sunbonnet Sue to make her Goth and base a quilt around that for a wallhanging for Rory's room. fabrics so far are from Wallie, a zebra type, pink with white, orange and black flowers, and a pink background, slightly glittery girly skull print with bows on tops of the skulls! thought maybe plain black borders to separate and fairly large squares. this will be my first real quilt, other than some doll stuff and dog blankets. Really did not think I would ever post it here, but maybe I will! sorry for long post--

i love tats not too the point that i want to be the tattooed lady at the circus i a heart with a rose and tribal work coming out of it and 3 years ago i wanted one on my foot since i wear sandals alot started out to get just a small butterfly and ended up with the eye of horus now when i tell my kids i have eyes everywhere and see all and know all they have to believe me i am still wanting one more i come from a family of 3 girls and my mom passed when i was 21 i love irish and celtic stuff i so want a trinity symbol on my wrist which will signify myself and my 2 sisters my 3 sons with a gold ring weaved thru for me and my husband and my mom and dad the trinity also signifies the stages of the womens life baby women crone hopefully this year sometime this will probably be my last one

To each his own as he kissed the cow...

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Oh no I can't be a modern quilter. Hubby would kill me if I came home with a tattoo.
    Same here. My dh's opinion of people with tattoos is not very high. Personally I don't care, but can't see myself getting one.

Blog Entries
    funny, thanks!

No tattoos for this gal!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
    Remember when "tat" meant a form of lace?????!!!!! :D
    Yeah, I'm scared to death of needles so I never could get a tatoo and now I'm too darn old :lol:

Kinda like Tim Mcgraw's song "Remember When" where he remembers when a screw was a screw, coke was a coke, etc.
    Everyone whoever tried to teach me to tat, got frustrated with me so never did learn it!!

RST
    Blog Entries
    What kind of quilter doesn't do needles?

J/K

Quote Originally Posted by KatFish
    I guess I'm old=fashioned. I don't understand why anyone would want something so permanent as a tattoo. The way God made us is good enough for me.
    I have 3 tattoos. Mine are a permanent reminder of all the hard work I've put into recovering from a very tramatic childhood. The damage was permanent, so I want a permanent record so I don't forget that I have self worth. I drew all of my tattoos so they are very personal to me, and for me. But I realize that not everyone feel the same way that I do.
    KatFish,
    Good for you! I was touched by your words and the work you have done. I have done a lot of personal work, too, and have come a long way. My childhood was not as traumatic as many people have had, but there have been many other traumas in my life with my family and the journey of recovery took me back to my childhood.

Keep up the good work and the powerful statements. We all need reminders whether we realize it or not.

I can't imagine having something permanent on my body. I thought long and hard about even piercing my ears!
    I can only imagine what those tattoos will look like years from now...when a cute little dolphin on the backside becomes a whale, when a butterfly becomes a vulture. What about a chain around the neck, lost in wrinkles, and of course the previously stated wilted rose hanging low on a booby! Oh my gosh!

I have to agree, and while looking at the photos of the tats, I also noticed the redness around the tats. My opinion is WHY do that to yourself.

Pam
    I thought I was making a graceful stride into old age when I changed the names of "the girls" from Perky and Pretty to Flip and Flop.

I agree......that's some nasty stuff!!!

No, thanks.

I'm pretty glad that I'm pretty old......
    and beyond the years...and tattoos of the young modern quilter.

I have to say...I just dont understand the desire to "ink up your body"....there is no picture that I would want to look at every day...and I dont think they are pretty. I will stick to appliques or embroidery on shirts lol.

Different strokes for different folks.

Margie

Banned
    Sign me up :)

I'd have to get rid of the dh first...the two I have are two more than enough for him ......

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I hope I never suffer from alzheimers but if a doctor ever tells me I have it, the first thing I'm gonna do is get a tat of my name and home phone number along with my DH and kids names so they can identify and who I belong too. I'm not joking I am seriuos. After watching my DGM I am terrified of getting it and already have made plans. Told my hubby if I wonder into the woods to leave me there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast