Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have what it takes to be a young modern quilter? >

Do you have what it takes to be a young modern quilter?

Do you have what it takes to be a young modern quilter?

Old 06-06-2010, 03:22 PM

If I wasn't allergic to the ink I'd probably get a couple of cool quilty tattoos.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Pam, loved your response. I know I can relate! I tease my younger sister about what'll happen when her vines and flowers start to sag and wilt.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:08 PM

I have a tattooed wedding ring (DH has a matching one) I have another small tattoo "elsewhere" that only my spouse and my gynecologist have seen. I keep thinking about more, but I don't for 2 reasons:

First, the only place that won't continue to sag is the lower back, and I'm really not enthused about getting a "tramp stamp". saw a woman who had a tattoo on the side of her belly and probably before she had kids, it was a circle. It isn't anymore...

Second, if I had that much "spare money" laying around, I'd buy fabric with it!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:14 PM

I've been thinking about getting a very small tat to celebrate my 50th birthday in July. I can't decide what to get. I thought a lot of these tattoos were cool but I don't want anything nearly so big. However. it did make me think...hmmmmm....maybe something quilty.....?????
Old 06-06-2010, 07:43 PM

Both my kids have one. DD has a wolf (very nice one) on her outside ankle and DS has Tygrr outline on his arm between shoulder and elbow. However, both have said they wish they had never gotten them and wish they had listened when I told them they would be a permanent part of their being if they got one.

Not for me. Nuff said before I get into trouble.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

I think I passed "young" a few years back. Not sure I was young when I was young. Now that doesn't mean that I couldn't come up with a cool, hip 'n happenin' quilt design. As for the tat - I pretty much gave up on that: too many moles (don't wanna play connect the dots, lol), too hairy (don't want a bearded lady), and too much weight fluctuation (butterfly should not turn into Mothra). In general, I really like tats.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:19 AM

You're never too old. I got my belly button pierced for my 40th birthday gift to myself and have started a line of Japanese ideograms going down my back (and I am 50!!!) I figure if I like it then no one else should care. I draw the line at anything visible to others (especially at work). Never thought about a patchwork tat - hmmmm....
Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 AM

I also have 3. Two of which no one really sees. Mine was also picked for a reason. I have one on the back of my neck that my DD gave me as a Christmas present my astrological sign she got hers the same day. Good tattoos are beautiful and bad ones are not. My DD has plenty and they all mean something. I love them. I can no longer get any because of fibromyalgia and money of course. But if I could I would. And yes they would be related to sewing and maybe a pic of my Andy boy. he is just so darn cute.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:48 AM

I can never understand the need to do something so permanent to our bodies. There are many old Military men who in their youth had all those tats but now wish they hadn't. If you must, put them somewhere that you can cover up. As for me, NO WAY!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:13 AM

I agree Margie!!!!! I never have understood why anyone would want to do that to their bodies.