Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you keep a quilt diary? >

Do you keep a quilt diary?

Do you keep a quilt diary?

Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 PM

On the first of each month I have a journal that I note down any projects I am doing, what I want to do, also keep a seperate book with photos of the quilts I havemade, unfortunately a few were missed
Old 12-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Power Poster

I've kept quilt journals for years- *physical ones* - I include pattern information, sometimes sketches, sometimes swatches of the fabrics, pictures, where the quilt went/who it was for/anything special about it- difficulties, time frame....what ever information I (or someone down the road) may want to know about the quilt- my adult children love at times to sit down & look through old journals, they remember quilts from long ago they had forgotten about- and I sometimes will look through and say....wow- I totally forgot I ever made a quilt like that!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:07 AM

that is really cool ;-)
Old 12-21-2013, 08:09 AM

no. I haven't. But, I know I should. I'm like Wolph33. I have most of mine posted here!
Old 12-21-2013, 10:36 AM

Sort of - I blog about all my crafty things and anything else that comes to mind. Its a little like an online diary.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:55 AM

one of the gals that is in our quilting group gave each of us a composition book which she had covered in our favorite type of fabric. It was a Christmas gift. We could use it to document each quilted item we made and attach pieces of the fabrics or photos. I keep mine right in my sewing machine carrier- and have been good about using it, no photos or fabric samples but notes on each quilt........I have photos on my IPad. I also am very good now about labels, I think they are important, when I can no longer quilt or am not on this earth I'd like to think that perhaps they will mean something to the person whom might have one of my creations.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:37 AM

I too have a folder of pictures of my quilts in a folder on my desktop. I also load them up to Shutterfly.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:05 AM

I have a small leather album, that I have kept pictures of my quilts for about the last 40 years. Most of the baby quilts have the baby on them. When I look through the pics, I can ususally remember where and when I made them, where I bought the fabric and who I gave them too. Pictures are good for jogging an old brain.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:16 AM

I never even thought to do that! What a great idea. Now I will have to visit all the people I have gifted over the years and take pictures. That is my goal for next year. Thank you.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:20 AM

Some of you are really impressive with your record keeping. I started out keeping pictures, notes and fabric swatches from my quilts, but over time I'm pretty sporadic about it. I love the photo book idea. I am also a PROcrastinater - way beyond amateurcrastonater, so I take pictures and they end up scattered, and I lose notes, etc. A friend gave me a quilt journal a couple of years ago and I still haven't used it. This year I should make that a plan starting in January. Would really love a record of all that I have made. New Year's resolution!!